Re: Sunday 21st march 2010.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Count me in (assuming weather is OK-ish)
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Back tyre is on the wear strips (i have finally worn out the Pilot Road 2CT....after 6000 miles :eek2 ). Now should i chance it, or stick some Racetec K2s on??? They are horrible in the wet :thumbdown: , but 'kin awesome in the dry :thumbup: .....

Metcheck Weather Snow??? WTF???

BBC Weather

Not looking too good at the mo.
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Timbo wrote:Steve, i am going with the theory that the forecast is usually wrong :)

If i didnt, i wouldnt even be thinking abut a ride out this weekend cos it looks poop.

And i would stay with something that works in the wet, just in case.
So it's a choice between a worn Pilot Road (just checked it...its below the wear limits in the centre) or an uber-sticky (but shite in the cold and wet) Racetec.

Sod it....I'm putting the Racetecs on tomorrow!!! :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

would love to attend but unfortunately mrs working so i have to play dad.
you got your gopro yet timbo?? take a vid then i can sulk :9
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

See you at Galgate tomoz morning (fingers and toes crossed for good weather).

A word of warning though...the police are apparently having a big crackdown this weekend around the Bridge and Caton. I spotted loads of the dibble out last weekend, so they are gearing up for the big presence that always happens this time of year.

Be warned!
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hey Guys, I was hoping to go tomorrow..been waiting for my ankle to improve, over the last week i've been out on my bike to Rivi but it still hurts
after a short time. Thinking of trying to get to Devils Bridge ,as i can't make the tickled trout for 9 ..

Safe Ride ChrisC
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Timbo wrote:Well, it has pissed it down all day
Lovely and sunny here all day :biggrin
Rich.

Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

A good ride out boys :thumbup:
Met up with Warby and Timbo in Garstang, then over to Hawes for a brew and to meet up with Firestorm Mike.
Quick blast back to Devil's B for a brew and a natter then headed for Kirkstone, but sacked it off as the weather was closing in. A very wet, slippery, butt-clenching ride along the world's worst surfaced road to Newby Bridge for a bit of lunch and a warm up.

Give it a few weeks till the weather improves, and then we can organise another one using this route:

Linky
warby221

Post by warby221 »

nice to see every one again :thumbup: tipical weather :thumbdown: and plob a plenty :thumbdown:
The west coast run use to do it a lot a long time ago with variations don’t know what the roads are like up there now but the run up to Duddon bridge and Fox field use to be really good :clap:
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ong i wouldnt fancy pushing that thing lol. bad enough pushing me cbx for a mile with a half seized back caliper when i ran out in deeside a while back.
i'll try & make the next run,
been busy all day painting :)
patched up the scuffs as well, can't see em now.
managed a quick blast to the jetwash & back then got the wax out :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Timbo wrote:Twas indeed a good ride out, if a little damp :) Its always good to get out.

Good to see ChrisC up at Devils, what a trooper.

Had a little issuette though. As i passed Forton services, i realised i needed fuel - I ran out as i approached the M55 slip :thumbup: A 2 mile push later i arrived at a gas station and was on my merry way. Needed CPR after pushing that fat b8stard CB though :) I need to fit a Storm RLOD on the CB :) Or pay more attention to the fuel gauge :)

And today i am mostly thankful for not beng the one out on wet roads on a blade on racetech tyres :) I imagine steve's sphincter was going like a rabbits nose!!

Looking forward to the next one, looks a good route that Steve.
Ya daft bastidge Timbo...why didn't you give me a ring??? I would have jumped in the car and fetched you a can of fuel.

And yes....there were crimp marks on the saddle when I got home...that run from Windemere to Newby Bridge was bloody awful...I could feel the (by now stone cold) tyres slipping on the shite surface. Horrible.

I shall pass no comment on why you were thinking of my sphincter.....a proper gentleman would have at least bought me dinner first :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Timbo wrote: Steve, i sat on the barrier with hazards on thinking what to do. A police car drove past, a Highways Agency drove past, I thought i would phone the RAC but couldnt be arsed waiting for them on a sunday. Also considered calling ex missus but she thinks im a c**t this weekend (just for a change), then thought regardless of who i call, it is quicker to push it and the exercise would do me good :) But thanks mate, really appreciate the sentiment. It'll teach me :)
At least it was partly downhill!!! :lol:

I could have been there in less than 30 minutes with a can of fuel. I know what it is like pushing a bloody bike (I once had to push the SP1 a mile home, in full leathers, on a scorching hot day....honestly, I thought I was gonna have heart failure 8O
Pick the phone up the (hopefully never) next time.
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

FirestormMike wrote:The grub was nice though, and Tim found a chair that made him look small.
Next ride out - 2 weeks time if anyone's up for it, which probably means just the usual suspects.
This time it will be East, and someone else can book the sun and make a decision on where to go. :P

I could be up for that!

Get someone to do a better job of booking the sun this time though Image :D
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

You must've been buggered pushing the CB Tim ,i wouldn't fancy that one bit ,my Bandit feels so much heavier than my 'storm ,very apparent even when just pushing in /out of my garage.

Love the BSA in the pic , funny thing is i cant remember any on the road ,i'm nearly 46 ,so there should have been quite a lot of Brits on the road in the late 70's ,early 80's ,all i can remember locally was a Norton ,a chap with a Bonnie ,and another with a Triton ,yet i can remember loads of Jap bikes though in those days.
Stevie
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hey guys, It was nice to meet you all at Devils bridge," faces to names" and all that .Had a really nice run back through the lanes....was i the only one that did'nt see any plod, but it would'nt have mattered anyway the speed i was going :D.Think i went far enough today my *******ankle is at it again tonight
....A beer is called for..
Cheers ChrisC