mothers day tradgedy

General Biker Banter
Miztaziggy

Re: mothers day tradgedy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Really, really awful to read about things like this. Makes you realise how vulnerable we all really are out on the bike.

Seeing something like this must be awful, and a real life changing thing.

I hope you are ok, and my thoughts are with the guy's family and friends.
karenvtr

Post by karenvtr »

Id just like to say thankyou to everyone for all the condolencies, and well wishes and supportive posts...take care out there everyone.

Karen.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

karenvtr wrote:Me my hubby and our friend Si met up with some other bikers sunday morning at Mc Ds on the a59..we all introduced ourselves then off we went for windermere..sun shining roads not too busy we were havin a great day ..popped over kirkstone pass..down shap and onto sedbrough then it all went wrong :(
I was third in the pack when we started on the slow twisties up the valley we were just bumbling along when Gary in front of me hit a patch of gravel back end skipped he lost control..not gonna go into detail but what i saw will haunt me forever.

It was the first day id met gary ,he was 63 and an experienced rider he wasnt going fast or doing anything stupid ...my heart goes out to his family and friends at this difficult time R.I.P Gary
Take care out there everyone ,ride safe...keep your wits about you.
wombles me that's horrible!!

Just goes to show don't know what's round the next bend

Tonight was my first night ive ever had the storm sideways (both wheels as in opp lock on the front) was coming off a round about and going up a hill and then it just went didn't know what the wombles it was as it was dark lucky it just powered out of it but as I wasn't expecting a slide it sh1t me right up at gone 2am I went back to have a look and it was like and oil or diesel slick on the exit of the round about

When i crashed my storm my self back in 2009 i think it was or before? it was due to gravel / road work, went to work all was fine as i went left out of a junction, coming home i came a different way and wasn't aware of of the recent surface works as i applied the breaks it broke traction on the loose gravel and stone chips, it went down helmet hit the floor i was facing one was then the other then i was facing the bike again it was sliding for ages it felt could see sparks flying up in the air then it cane to a stop when it slammed into a curb which put the dent in the tank and wrecked the left fairing i was in the middle of the road struggling to get up as my knee was bashed

if it had been the day time i would have been in very serious trouble as crown lane is a very busy road.

What a shame and horrible loss of life, hope it doesn't knock you for six and stop you biking mate,

the girlfriends mates dad Keith was killed a few year back by an OAP that couldn't see the stop sign (to be fair its wombles hard to see its a junction and the sign i couldn't believe it so had to see the scene) since then i've been sh1t scared if im going down a road that has a blind junction / road joining it (pass one every night on the way to work, road is a 60mph road and its got a narrow blind county road that joins it on the approach i flash my lights just in the vain hope any one travelling up it might see my beam and not just pull out
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
MissEd

Post by MissEd »

Aww this is so sad. his poor family.

I am going to keep myself out of the gutter - tend to ride 'some' bends too close to the edge