probable regulator / rectifier issue

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRDark

Re: probable regulator / rectifier issue

Post by VTRDark »

Don't forget that the american bikes have the PAR system
As far as I'm aware the PAIR system does not connect directly to the tank but has connections from the airbox and on the carbs that lead to the little pair device thing then has hoses that lead to the reed valve things on top of the cam covers. You see the oblong blanc's on top of ours where they would go.
The only vent tube I'm aware of is on the outer rim of the fuel filler
Yes there is that one which is the overflow, but there is also the breather pipe. You have two pipes that connect on the base of the tank.
Also, if there is some vent line high up in the tank
It looks that way so don't lean too far :eek2 http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/te ... ion-26146/

I'm gonna see exactly what's going on inside these tanks soon and how everything routes for sure. I have a spare I want to cut the base off and extend the tank to make bigger. I might just bring that little project forward. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just found a thread on here regarding the fuel tank breather and overfilling with fuel http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... am#p143505

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

Dude you could have 'BORROWED' my old R/R to check if that's the problem but I 'LENT' it to someone on here ages ago and never got it back so unfortunately I can't 'LEND' it you to try mate sorry dude :-)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Correct me if I'm wrong here Scott, as I may be missing something, but are you trying to make a point of some kind? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

Kev L wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong here Scott, as I may be missing something, but are you trying to make a point of some kind? :lol:
Lol you strike me as a switched on dude Kev ha, i wish everyone was as thoughtfull as you :lol::lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

scott02464 wrote:Dude you could have 'BORROWED' my old R/R to check if that's the problem but I 'LENT' it to someone on here ages ago and never got it back so unfortunately I can't 'LEND' it you to try mate sorry dude :-)
Name, shame, and reclaim, my man....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

tony.mon wrote:
scott02464 wrote:Dude you could have 'BORROWED' my old R/R to check if that's the problem but I 'LENT' it to someone on here ages ago and never got it back so unfortunately I can't 'LEND' it you to try mate sorry dude :-)
Who has taken your man, Tony? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Rob

Post by Rob »

Kev L wrote:
tony.mon wrote:
Who has taken your man, Tony? :lol:
ffs you are all mad here. I'm going to sell my Storm and buy a Prius and become a Scientologist.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.