lloydie's vtr (kermit)

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
playerone

Re: lloydie's vtr (kermit)

Post by playerone »

ya wombles...........I've been planning to do mine green for months but still trying to find an alternative to the kawasaki green, didn't fancy paying £100 a litre for that :evil: anyway I'm sure it'll look cracking when its finished :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

playerone wrote:ya wombles...........I've been planning to do mine green for months
sorry .
you know how it is you see it you want it .
when i was in the paint shop looking at paint chips for hours i might have you know :oops:
there is lots of really nice green pearls to chose from .
i was taken by the vw scirocco green which is very close but darker .
but then i seen the triumph triple green like the one in the pic above and fell in love
:mrgreen: .
playerone

Post by playerone »

I've been going back and forward over 4-5 different green colours and still cant make my mind up but was always gonna be darker than the one you've went for, look forward to seeing it at one of the meets hopefully, way I cant decide it could be this time next year before mine is done :lol: :lol: :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

imho, one of the best looking storms ever, the more you look the more clever mods you see, i just wish there were lots more photos knocking around of this bike....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

me to bsm as it would of made it easier for the painter to copy :twisted: .
by the looks of it it has dymag wheels
pfm brakes , moriwaki rear sets , proflex rear shock ,one piece fairing and seat unit .blade forks ,corbin seat , full exhaust yoshi .standard ccts :oops:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It kinda reminds me a bit of aussie Shanes bike. You now the Blue one that has the nicely painted engine and the sidelight gone as well. He also has those very nice and sought after custom made mirror indicators as well.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

if mine turns out half as nice as the one above i will be happy
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

not to mention, loads of powder coating, i imagine the owner has cut an original brake light into the race fairing?
if i could choose my fav mod on that bike, i would have to say the rear fairing and seat, they just look spot on...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

this morning i removed the bearings from the swing arm as i am going to get it powder coated as i don't think paint can put up with all the rain/mud/oil.grit that gets chucked at it .
i sorted the other brackets and front sub frame ready to with the swingarm
i'm just waiting one the painters to be finished with the rear sub frame then i can drop the bits at the powder coaters .

i then set upon cleaning the rear of the engine and the front sprocket area .
it took a while as it was mucky to say the least .
Image.
still more to do today but that will do till after dinner :mrgreen:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looking good mate, i got carl coming over tomorrow, were going to start stripping down the spondon bike.... :?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Looking like your making good progress there. It's nice to be able to give the engine a good scrub. Something that often gets missed when people strip things down. How about getting your cam covers powder coated as well. Suspension linkages could probably do with a coat of paint too. And if you haven't done it already, some grease nipples. :thumbup: I see you are getting the carb brackets powder coated, you didn't fancy carbon then. :lol:

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:Looking like you're making good progress there. It's nice to be able to give the engine a good scrub. Something that often gets missed when people strip things down. How about getting your cam covers powder coated as well. Suspension linkages could probably do with a coat of paint too. And if you haven't done it already, some grease nipples. :thumbup: I see you are getting the carb brackets powder coated, you didn't fancy carbon then. :lol:

thanks guys
i have been thinking about the cam covers today and i think i will :thumbup:
the linkages will get a few coats of paint and a re grease .
kevl gave me a nice selection nipples :thumbup: so i'm looking at fitting them to .
i do like kevs carb carbon bracket but i don't have the skills or patience to do it .
and i think they are a nice unique mod he has done and i wouldn't want to copy them.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

i think they are a nice unique mod he has done and i wouldn't want to copy them.
I guess he needs all the help he can get with that colour storm :roll:

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

:Finger3: :Finger2: :Finger1: :Richard:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:biggrin :lol:

Hello mate how you doing. You've been a bit quite on here recently. You been spending time baby sitting the grandchild or something.