slagging each other

General Biker Banter
Wicky

Re: slagging each other

Post by Wicky »

"Friendly and simple" How the GI influx shaped Britain's view of Americans
The Times newspaper reported on 4 Aug 1942: "Their manners were good, though a little different from those in Britain. Americans were perhaps a little quicker on the uptake, but they made friends more easily..."

Admiral Kirk, Chief of the US Naval Forces, said "Don't spoil them. Don't pamper them - take them as they come. They may have been warned about your so-called British reserve and be a little bit skittish at first."

Just as the British had stereotyped views of GIs, it also worked the other way. Each American was given an instruction manual about the UK.

It noted that the British were "reserved, not unfriendly", and tough, even though they may appear soft-spoken and polite. They are not "panty-waists" - slang for those considered weak or effeminate - noted the manual.

It also said British pubs sold warm beer, and warned that Brits "don't know how to make a good cup of coffee".
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

benny hedges wrote:
adyf wrote:Just in case anyone was wondering I don't have a problem with anyone on here,also I'm a shoplifter and as such any baldrocks talked by anyone is sorted straight out,has to be can't work side by side for16hours away from home digging together,like a family ,if niggles don't get sorted.sorry to be so negative ,I have a low bullshit tolerence.peace and harmony .ady f.
fixed that for you :p
:lol: I did wonder what shopfitting had got to do with the price of chips?

whatever happened to the summer of love ?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

....it turned into the winter of discontent and generally an annus horriblis!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'd go along with a few pints. :)

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
adyf

Post by adyf »

Spot on wicky,lol.