4+ advancer

General Bike chat
Tweety

Re: 4+ advancer

Post by Tweety »

Yeah, that claim has only ever been theoretic... :wink:
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I did get 6 miles more to a tank after fitting it .
macdee

Post by macdee »

i asked roger about the different part number for the advancer this was his reply

Hi Ciaran, Thank you for your email. Although the part number changed it is the same part. it changed due to a change in the material used and the outside supplier to Honda
told you not to but oh no you knew better
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Does roger still come on this forum?
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
macdee

Post by macdee »

he does from time to time
pm him hes really helpful
told you not to but oh no you knew better
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

my next storm is going to stay fairly standard. just billet stacks(and i'm thinking of selling them, not sure tho) and a full exhaust system. it just seems that all this tinkering on the storm and the returns are very minmal... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:my next storm is going to stay fairly standard. just billet stacks(and i'm thinking of selling them, not sure tho) and a full exhaust system. it just seems that all this tinkering on the storm and the returns are very minmal... :thumbdown:
Well if you had full power you would notice them lol
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:my next storm is going to stay fairly standard. just billet stacks(and i'm thinking of selling them, not sure tho) and a full exhaust system. it just seems that all this tinkering on the storm and the returns are very minmal... :thumbdown:
Well if you had full power you would notice them lol
maybe mate, but my bike now feels plenty fast enough.... :lol:
when my bike was running 180 out, it was very quick upto 6.000 revs, even carl admitted he couldn't keep up with me... :lol:
but then he'd piss all over me from that point onwards..... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Well... I can tell you from personal experience that a stock engine, running well, and a fiddled with engine are two very different beasts... When you have 140 plus horsepower on tap, the stock chassie is a bit overwhelmed to say the least... Feels like riding a rocking horse...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

agentpineapple wrote: when my bike was running 180 out, it was very quick upto 6.000 revs, even carl admitted he couldn't keep up with me... :lol:
I had the same experience, setting the timing 180 out gives a very strong motor low down but it starts to run poorly from 4500 upwards.
I really have to get my head round how to run separate airboxes for each cylinder so that I can find out what a 180 out motor feels like at full revs.

It's about as Big Bang as you can get, unless you only have one cylinder, as both pots will fire 90 degrees apart.....

Sounds great, too.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote:
agentpineapple wrote: when my bike was running 180 out, it was very quick upto 6.000 revs, even carl admitted he couldn't keep up with me... :lol:
I had the same experience, setting the timing 180 out gives a very strong motor low down but it starts to run poorly from 4500 upwards.
I really have to get my head round how to run separate airboxes for each cylinder so that I can find out what a 180 out motor feels like at full revs.

It's about as Big Bang as you can get, unless you only have one cylinder, as both pots will fire 90 degrees apart.....

Sounds great, too.
that would be something tony....... :thumbup:
i've got used to the bike being 180 out, and the speed away from stanstill, upto 6k that is. if you had the same rush again from 6k to 9.5k that really would be something....... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!