JUDGEMENT DAY

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRDark

Re: JUDGEMENT DAY

Post by VTRDark »

Cheers Jamie. As you have already experienced we all help each other out around here. This forum goes that one step further to the general day day motorcycle comradeship.

I wish someone would make my Tea while working on my bike too. :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

don't forget the coffee and the choccy biscuits........... :thumbup:
i'm now itching to get the fueling spot on, and see how fast it really is, the best dyno read out i ever had was 89bhp, but that was over a year ago and the bike feels so much stronger now.
i'll be booking a £10 dyno run for next saturday.... :D
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Get over to mine in the week with you box of jets and we shall sort that out. Saves me bringing my tools over there and forgetting my cartune or something. I will probably stick it back to standard and shim the needles. :thumbup:

==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yep do hawks base settings they are the best start you'll get .
One thing I did notice about the stock needle and the jd needle is that with the clip on the closest clip to to pointy end is same hight as the stock needle hight .
My stock needle is set without washers and is still a little high !
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:Get over to mine in the week with you box of jets and we shall sort that out. Saves me bringing my tools over there and forgetting my cartune or something. I will probably stick it back to standard and shim the needles. :thumbup:

i'll be around tomorrow morning then mate...... :D
i really wanna ride today, but i have to go to work.... :(
tbh the bikes not fuelling well enough to go for a ride atm... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good work form the dynamic duo :thumbup:

No matter what else was tried I kept having a nagging doubt that it was cam timing...glad its fixed :thumbup:
AMcQ
darkember

Post by darkember »

agentpineapple wrote:
cybercarl wrote:Get over to mine in the week with you box of jets and we shall sort that out. Saves me bringing my tools over there and forgetting my cartune or something. I will probably stick it back to standard and shim the needles. :thumbup:

i'll be around tomorrow morning then mate...... :D
i really wanna ride today, but i have to go to work.... :(
tbh the bikes not fuelling well enough to go for a ride atm... :thumbdown:
Well with all that faffing with the carbs before the timing was done. you will need to go back to stock & start again. :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

thats the plan mate, back to stock for a base setting. and tbh at the dyno day. al did say, thats the timing. although because he's a sweaty i didn't want to listern..... :lol:
thanks for all the kind and not so kind words. once again, without carl it would have been a nightmare. cheers buddy :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jamie in Colchester wrote:Just had a read through, as the title was interesting "judgement day", what a great story of determination, teamwork and accomplishment. Well done chaps!

The kindness of some people eh!
I couldn't agree more, excellent stuff, well done :!: . There's nothing like a problem which gets solved after taking so much effort to get there, if you know what I mean :thumbup:

Chris.