Ideas on how to stop sliding forwards?

General Bike chat
VTRDark

Re: Ideas on how to stop sliding forwards?

Post by VTRDark »

I have two words for you. Thai Op. :eek2 :lol: :lol:

Actually I like being able to slide around so I will stick a bit of wax on the seat when washing and waxing the bike. I like it that my leathers will slide over so easily when getting on or off the bike rather than getting stuck/sticking. I also like to be able to slide my butt from side to side and if I slide too far forward I just push myself more towards the rear. I use my knees just before heavy breaking or anything I feel will make me slide forward too much. And on Motorways I sometimes like to push myself right back into the seat, lean forward and tuck myself in.

Just get a tank pad, that's what they are made for. and if you slamming into that and bashing your nuts too hard then your doing something else wrong.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Jonesey wrote:If you just keep up the sliding forward, eventually your knackers will become so swollen you will fit the bike.
Hope this helps, CJ.

:lol: :lol:

Quality...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stop polishing your seat :thumbup:

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Eat more and get a belly . Mine stops me knackers from hitting the tank :-)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote:Actually I like being able to slide around so I will stick a bit of wax on the seat when washing and waxing the bike. I like it that my leathers will slide over so easily when getting on or off the bike rather than getting stuck/sticking. (:-})

Carl, I dont know how you can ride like that!!!!!! that must be like driving a car with the seat adjuster broken so it will slide back and forwards as you drive [have you ever adjusted teh seat when driving........you should try it :lol: ].

on a bike you need to be able to lock your body in place so your arms can be relaxed, so a slippery seat would be bad news........how do you hold on?
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's not so slippy that I slide around all over the place, but it does stop leather getting stuck to the seat and restricting my movement. It's not like I open the throttle and slide backwards. :lol: But if I'm approaching a speed hump and don't grip the tank with my knees, I will slip forward enough to bash my nuts. I like to be able to move around. There's nothing worse than trying to reposition myself and finding that I'm stuck to the seat. I would either have to put a bit more physical force on the bars to push myself which can upset things or stand on the pegs a bit to release the suction and reposition myself. It far more easy if there is a certain amount of slip so I can slide around with less force.

Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

So, essentially you grease your elbow up before every ride? :?

Jamie :wave:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Jamie in Colchester wrote:So, essentially you grease your elbow up before every ride? :?

Don't knock it before you try it, nice and easy entry is always a plus :lol: :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Virt we have given you a reputation but now your giving yourself one. :lol:

Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Virt wrote:
Jamie in Colchester wrote:So, essentially you grease your elbow up before every ride? :?

Don't knock it before you try it, nice and easy entry is always a plus :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Lube is for wimps! ...cringe :?
Virt

Post by Virt »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#Yolo #Swag #DontHateMeCauseYouAintMe #CanIStopHashTaggingNow #IFeelLikeMyIQIsDropping #ByDoingAllThis #HelpPls
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

cybercarl wrote:I have two words for you. Thai Op. :eek2 :lol: :lol:

Actually I like being able to slide around so I will stick a bit of wax on the seat when washing and waxing the bike. I like it that my leathers will slide over so easily when getting on or off the bike rather than getting stuck/sticking. I also like to be able to slide my butt from side to side and if I slide too far forward I just push myself more towards the rear. I use my knees just before heavy breaking or anything I feel will make me slide forward too much. And on Motorways I sometimes like to push myself right back into the seat, lean forward and tuck myself in.

Just get a tank pad, that's what they are made for. and if you slamming into that and bashing your nuts too hard then your doing something else wrong.

I think I read somewhere that this sort of thing is why horse riding is so popular with young women ?
the rubbing and the sliding :lol:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

These might help...

http://performance.elitehockeygroup.com ... ant-detail

Ok they are designed for Ice Hockey players but importantly apart from holding you all place in they have a built in 'Cup'...If it can withstand a puck hitting your nuts at speed I'm sure it will help the crushed nuts syndrome your suffering... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Easier to get a cricket box - sometimes I forget after a game to take mine out and with it in you can really do some heavy front braking!

Best wear pants with a box to hold it in place, as with boxer shorts things slop around. And the funniest thing I have seen on the the cricket field was a guy getting hit in the nuts by our fast bowler (that was only the start!). Normally the poor batsman regain their composure within a few minutes but this guy was really agitated, moaning, whimpering and hopping around for quite a while after impact - meanwhile everyone else is chuckling in sympathy. Then the afflicted chap is desperately mumbling with tears coming down his face "get it off me! get it off" So a brave fielder goes over and takes a peak down the batman's trousers and sees the ball's impact has caused the protective polycarbonate box to crack, resulting in it closing up and nipping on the tip of his todger like a biting crab. As word was passed out of this novel injury everyone fell about even more pissing themselves with laughter, eventually someone with cool hands got to grips with the offending box and flexed the plastic releasing its vice like grip, bringing untold relief to the batter who has never walked quite right since...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Wicky, that's brilliant! :lol: