Hi All!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Jscobey

Re: Hi All!

Post by Jscobey »

8541Hawk wrote:Well I might have spoken too soon...did a quick look and didn't see it so I might have loaned it out and never got it back.
I'll check again in the morning :angel:
Though I did find the steering stem castle nut tool if you are still looking for that one..... :lol:

If you do end up ordering it if I remember correctly it is 22X1.5 mm

As for the lightened flywheel, after suspension it is the best mod you can do to this bike.....Mine has had one for around 14yrs now :wink:

interesting. do you remember what weight you took it down to? i finally sorted out the play in the steering stem, but if i ever need to get in there again ill know whos door to come knockin on.

and i think ill just end up going down to the auto parts store and picken up that drain plug since the flywheel should be here saturday. that way i can put it in on sunday. if no ones got it in stock ill have to order the tool
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Jscobey wrote:
interesting. do you remember what weight you took it down to? i finally sorted out the play in the steering stem, but if i ever need to get in there again ill know whos door to come knockin on.

and i think ill just end up going down to the auto parts store and picken up that drain plug since the flywheel should be here saturday. that way i can put it in on sunday. if no ones got it in stock ill have to order the tool
I don't remember offhand but it is on here some where one of the regulars can probable post you a link or as always search is your friend on this site :thumbup:

As for the tool, like I said I'll check again in the morning, my stuff is still a mess..... :oops: :lol: :lol:
Though CycleGear used to carry them also.
This is the one you need:
http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0074/
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Welcome along! :wave:

Here's a great thread on flywheel shaving... http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=25888
Jamie :wave:
magnum

Post by magnum »

Hello from blighty.
Blimmey you boys get about early :lol:
"It may be yellow but it ain't no chicken"
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Joey :thumbup: Your bike looks cool 8)

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club Joey
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
macdee

Post by macdee »

Hello and welcome keep us informed about your fly wheel
Good luck
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

8541Hawk wrote:
Jscobey wrote:

I don't remember offhand but it is on here some where one of the regulars can probable post you a link or as always search is your friend on this site :thumbup:

As for the tool, like I said I'll check again in the morning, my stuff is still a mess..... :oops: :lol: :lol:
Though CycleGear used to carry them also.
This is the one you need:
http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0074/

i know its a little risky but just ordred a 95 900rr swing arm, VTR swinger, and 900rr caliper bracket cuz i found some good dealsl. its the box style brace. i dont think ill have any issues since i havnt heard one case of anyone running into interference except with full high mount jardines in which case the mid pipes barley touched. do you know anyone who welds alum here in SoCal? id much rather have someone you know or at least a motorcycle enthusiast do it over just some guy in some shop.
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Watty wrote:
Jscobey wrote:
Watty wrote:Hello and welcome mate :D , loving the storm in white :thumbup: . Pics please 8O .
Oh yes, white is sweet :thumbup: . If I was to change from the best colour (teal, obviously :lol: )! White would certainly be high on the list :D
great bike, and i love the belly pan, Eh Lloydie
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome aboard buddy, love the white, would look fantastic against a satin black frame.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

agentpineapple wrote:welcome aboard buddy, love the white, would look fantastic against a satin black frame.... :thumbup:
That is the plan eventually!! I can only have so many projects going at once though. Or I should say my wallet can only have so many projects going at once. But I've always loved black frames. Although now that the black frames are standard on most bikes these days, I've become a little more attracted to the alum