What would you guys do??

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: What would you guys do??

Post by sirch345 »

I'm taking In general here, not meaning anyone in person. Looking out for your buddies is what bikers do ( it used to be that way for your neighbours, looking out for your neighbours, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be that way so much any more :cry: ) It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, the fact is you did what you thought was the right thing for your friend/mate/buddy at the time. As a good citizen you can do no more than that. It's then down to them if they want to take your advice or not.

As for your thoughts Mike on it being a Military thing, I'm not sure it is just that. I find I have certain standards that were installed into me in my early days by experts on finding my way around all forms of motor vehicles, not just motorcycles. So when someone else does a job their way, and it's not as how I would have done it, it goes against the grain so-to-speak.

It's good to hear a satisfactory result will be achieved here :thumbup:

Chris.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Some people don't suspension seriously, I have had a blade previously where the forks were to stiff and needed sorting, when I got the bike back from the shop the bike felt 100% different, also with this blade I have recently bought which need a lot of TLC when I had the buggered rear shock and stiff forks it rode like it was on ice.

Suspension is and should be a first priority before engine mods or anything else.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Suspension is and should be a first priority before engine mods or anything else.
I agree from a safety point of view ie things should operate as they should, be greased up and move correctly etc. But as nice at it would be for upgrades to a better suspension like Ohlins, correct spring weight or whatever I disagree. For example Jenson Buttons old man could only afford to buy him slicks when he was Karting and Jenson raced in the wet on slicks. Look how good he is in the wet now in F1. Learn to ride on sh1t suspension and when you do upgrade you will be awesome.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside