BRANDS HATCH. Sunday July 6th 2014

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

bigtwinthing

Re: BRANDS HATCH. Sunday July 6th 2014

Post by bigtwinthing »

Hopefully i will be going with the guys on the Ferry, Pizza and ice cream run. Happy to meet anyone on route.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
popkat

Post by popkat »

Just got the bike fixed, had a knocking after Anglesea, it's was a big end, complete engine strip and another crank in now, don't know it's history but it looked ok, the engine is nice and quiet now, hopefully it'll be good all weekend. see you guys on Sunday :thumbup:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

popkat wrote:Just got the bike fixed, had a knocking after Anglesea, it's was a big end, complete engine strip and another crank in now, don't know it's history but it looked ok, the engine is nice and quiet now, hopefully it'll be good all weekend. see you guys on Sunday :thumbup:
Holy crap good work. See you sunday.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Awesome Popkat :thumbup:

Hopefully dropping in on way back from BTT's area, can't wait to see you hustle the Katana round Brands :D
Jamie :wave:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Well done Popkat :clap:
See you Sunday :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i wish i could be there , good luck popkat......... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well, so much for all the rain they threatened us with.
Looks like I'll just have to tootle over to Brands and see if I can find any there :D

Tyres are pumped, oil and fluids checked, it's all systems go :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well that was a great day!
Started off a little damp but soon dried up. When we got there PopKat was desperately trying to repair a misfire caused by a minor off the day before.
After a lot of head scratching and swearing the points pickup was rebuilt (again) and life was found in the old suzi yet again :clap:
Pokat had her out in the open class after that just to give her a bit of a shakedown and then with his confidence in the bike back up he managed a 4th in the superbike class later that afternoon. :clap:
If any of you get a chance, I would fully recommend this as a brilliant day out. These old bike aren't just for show, they are really being ridden hard and being used as they are supposed to be. There are some really skilled racers and some excellent battles going on.
Not bad for only a tenner and the company wasn't too bad either :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
popkat

Post by popkat »

Good to meet you Pete, so pleased I managed to get out and race to help make your trip worthwhile :thumbup: :D
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Pete.L wrote:Well that was a great day!
Started off a little damp but soon dried up. When we got there PopKat was desperately trying to repair a misfire caused by a minor off the day before.
After a lot of head scratching and swearing the points pickup was rebuilt (again) and life was found in the old suzi yet again :clap:
Pokat had her out in the open class after that just to give her a bit of a shakedown and then with his confidence in the bike back up he managed a 4th in the superbike class later that afternoon. :clap:
If any of you get a chance, I would fully recommend this as a brilliant day out. These old bike aren't just for show, they are really being ridden hard and being used as they are supposed to be. There are some really skilled racers and some excellent battles going on.

Pete.l
+1 I agree totally with Pete, Popkat was frantically trying to sort the bike and was worried we had came to see him race in vain, but with a bit of brain storming and a few coffee's the Kat was sounding much better. :thumbup:

Popkat had a fantastic last race and all in all it was a brilliant day with great racing and great company. :thumbup:

Hope to do it again soon. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Gutted I missed out on this but I was dragged into going to a family kids Birthday bash/sleep-over thing. I would have been in the dog house If I didn't attend it, and when kids start giving you the "Oh Please come to my party......" with that look of disappointment they give :lol: I gave in.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I will have to get out and catch one of these races as its my era :lol:

and like you have all noticed, going to see racing is 10times more fun if you know someone who is in the races.. then you start to get involved in all the emotion behind the scenes as well as the racing.
AMcQ
popkat

Post by popkat »

AMCQ46 wrote:I will have to get out and catch one of these races as its my era :lol:

Next round isn't too far from you :thumbup:
http://www.donington-park.co.uk/events/ ... ed-by-xfx/

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I did a right up in the racing section here ...

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34168 with photos.

This one is too good to not post again...

The next events are...

DONINGTON PARK. August 8th/9th/10th

CADWELL PARK. September 6th and 7th

SNETTERTON. October 11th and 12th.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote:Well that was a great day!

Pete.l
Good write up Pete, glad you enjoyed the day thanks for making the effort to come all that way...well done Sir !

+2 on the recommendation.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...