Oulton Park - 6th or 13th August

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Miztaziggy

Re: Oulton Park - 6th or 13th August

Post by Miztaziggy »

Steve6088 wrote:I'm gonna stay at my parents house which is quite close by the night before. There is a spare room which you are more than welcome to stay in, if you can't be bothered with the drive over in the morning.
Great thanks Steve, I will speak to my bro and see what he wants to do.

I will book for the 13th today then.

Let me know when you're booked.

TravisZack, what bike will you be riding?
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

The only one I own! haha

Blue 'storm :thumbup:

What will you guys be on?
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I'll be on my Red storm

Metaziggy will be on his fancy gsxr
Last edited by Steve6088 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Booked :thumbup:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Steve6088 wrote:I'll be on my Red storm

Metaziggy will be on his fancy gsxr
Booked and paid for me and my bro.

My gsxr is far from fancy :lol: it's been written off twice and almost killed me with a collapsed front wheel bearing :eh:

My bro will be on his ZX636.

I am now just praying I can leave the wet wheels at home :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
doggit

Post by doggit »

hi peeps, i am at oulton this saturday 26/7/14 i am with msv and booked in a novice class, and finished fettling with the bike, standard cans back on, plenty of black electrical tape for my lights, mirrors, speedo, also new brake fluid, i have also put my drift 1080p cam mount onto the bike, and hemet so i can move the camera around on each session, i will let you all know how it goes once i do it,
Carl
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
caferacerdan

Post by caferacerdan »

Just read this thread after being linked :) I can come watch XD
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Sound, I'll see you down there :thumbup: Get yourself booked on
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Weather forecast looking like it could go either way. About 40-50% chance of rain at some point.

I am going to stick my wet wheels on the bike before I set off I think just in case. I am desperately trying to source new brake discs and pads as I have a warped disc and it's really annoying on the front brakes.

Steve/Zack are you both still on for this? Ready to go?

My brother and I are stopping at Sarah's mums in Manley near Frodsham which is only about 20 mins away, we should be there for 7 to 7.30am. If you're arriving after that we'll be the pair with a black GSXR and silver ZX6 on a black trailer.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

have a good day Ziggy, hope the weather works out
AMcQ
caferacerdan

Post by caferacerdan »

Im hoping to get there for around 11 with my camera (if I can make it)

will no doubt speak to a few of you on the day and I can try for some very amateur track shots!
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

Miztaziggy wrote:Weather forecast looking like it could go either way. About 40-50% chance of rain at some point.
Yeah looking like the rain is gonna come and go throughout the day. I'm aiming to get there for just gone 7, hoping to grab some garage space for when the rain does come.

Also, I'm gonna need fuel at some point... there's a station close by but apparently it's available on site, do they have a pump or something?
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I'll try and get there early this time. Was an hour late last time. I'm not a morning person!

If we could get some garage space, that'd be ace.Nothing to do to the bike. Sounds like sports touring tyres will be the best option anyway.

They have a pump there, I think you can use at lunch. A 19ltr tank was enough last time I did Oulton though.
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

I have an hours ride in so will fill up again at that end, we'll see how it goes.

I have nothing to do to the bike either. Fold mirrors back, unplug headlight, go.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Well that was an eventful day.

P1ssed it down first thing so the first few sessions were wet. I didn't bother putting the wets on as it kept looking like it was going to dry, a dry line was forming, then another shower would ruin it.

The session before lunch a proper dry line formed and I loved it. What a track.

After lunch the fast group went out and someone crashed into an instructor, at the same corner where someone died last year. About 2 hours, 2 air ambulances, 1 road ambulance and 2 smashed bikes later we managed to get another go. I am not sure what happened with the guys that crashed, 2 got air lifted to hospital, I am sure the no limits facebook page will update us. There was talk from people that had seen it of CPR at the scene and what not so not sure if it's a fatality again or not. Caferacerdan was there at the corner and managed to take some pics of the scene and the carnage. I am sure he will post them when he gets chance.

We got back on for 1 and a half more sessions, once with the inters and then again in our group. It was pretty awesome. Totally dry and warm, I managed to pretty much lap most people other than Steve who was very fast and I couldn't catch him :D

Sarah was there with her camera and took some half decent photos:

Travis:

Steve:

Me and Sophia (her first track day):

Dan's bike:

Steve and his storm:

My bro:

Stuffing some guy on an RR8 blade that was a load faster than us in the morning, but once we got some confidence it was the other way round :D

And me:

Sadly no on track pics of Travis....apparently Sarah just took pictures of any blue bike, she couldn't tell the difference between a blue R1, blue blade and Travis's Storm :oops: