Banned for speeding

General Biker Banter
Jamoi

Re: Banned for speeding

Post by Jamoi »

2007, having a good blast round some back roads at night. After passing a car I notice he tries to catch up, so I'm thinking "let's have it!" few miles up the road I slow down at a junction, then in my mirrors I see a beautiful array of blue twinkling lights...

Unmarked copper pulls me over, tells me he has recorded me at an average of 126mph 8O

Copper: "Don't make me do that again young man"

Me: "Yes sir, sorry sir"

Copper: "Go home"

Me: "yes sir, sorry sir"

licence = 1 My pants = 0

:lol:
Jamie :wave:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Jamoi wrote:licence = 1 My pants = 0
Had a simular occurance when I was a lad.
Coming home from from a girlfriends late one night I was flat out, chin on the tank going down the bypass when I overtook a car. Didn't relise until I passed it, it was a cop car. 8O
I throttled off and thought Oh Sh!t! and my next thought was catch me, and I gunned it again :twisted:
I got in the house and was waiting quite a while for the door bell to ring but it never did :thumbup:

licence = 1 My pants = 0

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

had a few like that when I was younger............. trouble now is cameras don't exercise judgement on the conditions and decide to just give you a lecture :(

best one was when I was still racing [about 20yrs ago] and didn't have a roadbike, there was a lull in races and I was getting withdrawl symptoms, so I went to the local bike shop and took a demo of the new BMW boxer 1000 [when they updated to air & oil cooling]. I went out about 1pm and they told me I had to be back before closing at 5.
I thrashed it mercilessly round the Warwickshire countryside, tried to work out how to wheelie it with the crankshaft spin making the bike bank to one side, tested the brand new ABS and generally acted like a hooligan.

on my what back into Brum, I was tanking past a little Chef, when a tan coloured Volvo looked like it might pull out on me then stopped. I gave them a wave to acknowledge their observation and opened the gas again............. turns out they were an unmarked cop car.
4 miles up the road it has started raining, so I pull over and am half way through getting my 1-piece waterproof on when the Volvo skids to a halt behind me with the blues flashing in the grill........ its 4.40 at this point and I am only about 3 miles from the bike shop.

I spent the next hr in the back of the cop car being shown the on car camera footage in which I appear 2 times, once at the start and once at the end, but the bits in the middle show the cop car being thrown around, overtaking on corners, over double white lines and hitting some serious speeds to try and catch me...... its not looking good if you use the average speed of the car!

they alternate between...... "you will get a ban for this" back to "you were riding well, but there is a place and time", and every time I think I might get off with it, they come back to throwing the book at me :( .

but in the end they kick me out of the car [and it has stopped raining now :D ] and tell me to not do it again :D :D :D :D .

but now I have to go back to bike shop where they are still waiting [it was pre mobile phones!] and get all the documents so I can produce them at the police station, so I need to tell them the story as well.

license - 1, Pants - moist
AMcQ
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

No such luck for me when I was road blocked by 3 cop cars back in 92 when I outran the cops on my FZR1000.

If it wasn't for the fact that I called a favour I was in serious shite.

They even rang the missus to tell her what I had been up to and that started a whole chain of events that saw my GsXr750, the fizzer and my 906 Paso all gone and a long hiatus from bikes.

The only way that I got back onto bikes was to embark on a 14 year long stint of Enduro riding and then finally when the body gave up, and the kids had grown up I got back onto road bikes with TRX850 and have progressed 7 bikes from there!

Talk about spoil sports!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I got done for 67 in a 30 zone in 2001 2 week ban & £200 fine but when I got my licence back the 6 points I had already he'd gone :)
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I got done once driving my car down the A64 toward York about 10 years ago.

I was coming home from my girlfriend's house driving my Toyota MR2....turbo :D
It was some japanese import that someone had fiddled with to get over 250 bhp and silly amounts of boost.

It was really late, about 2am and I wasn't concentrating, some guy in a modified Vauxhall thing overtook me, so I thought baldrocks, I'll have him.

I chased him for a bit but couldn't get past on the windy roads, we went well past my turning for home, then he went onto the A64.

It was dual carriageway section so I pulled out and nailed him. Got to about 140 ish and he was falling right back, so I slowed down to let him catch up.

A few seconds later there were blue flashing lights and an unmarked car pulled between us and pulled us both over.

He gave us both a separate talking to. He showed me the video in the back of the car. Gave me the whole 'do you know how fast you were going?' I said about 95.....he showed me the video and you could see us both go flying past him, he accelerates and gets to about 130mph, where you could see we're still pulling away from him.

Luckily (for me) you then see my brake lights come on as I slow down at which point he catches us both and clocks us just under 100mph.

Needless to say he wasn't that impressed, and gave me an SP30, saying I was just under the limit for a summons to court.

Touch wood, those were the last points I have had. I've a clean licence now.
Last edited by Miztaziggy on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PARSLEYRIPPER

Post by PARSLEYRIPPER »

That was a cool story :D
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

Ive been done for doing 86 down a dual carriage way heading to bournemouth once i saw the van and thought no point even slowing so i kept going and got three points for that one

I was on my storm going down the a22 dual carriage way i was going round the roundabout to go back up and a car nearly runs into me so i saw red and buried it up the the road little to my senses it was an under cover car bles and twos going so i pulled over and i no i was going fast they did me for 96 and said we should be taking you down the station but this time as you seem a nice lad we will give you a ticket and 60 pound fine so i said thank you and paid the fine the same day just in case i say im lucky to still have my license and now do a proper check before being silly :wink:
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

I know I have told this story before but.. I had only had my storm a short time when I went to overtake a line of cars with a learner at the front. This road has a turning on a blind bend so I knew I had to make the move quickly. So road clear, big handful, and oohh poooo! copper hiding behind some railings with a hairdryer... I pull over and get told "I waited until you got a good handful of front brake , as it really wasn't worth going to a magistrates court over, so 37 in a 30 and get some loud pipes its 1000cc v-twin lets hear it!" :cool2 3 points £60...
Virt

Post by Virt »

Some police are cool. Still remember the time I got pulled on the hornet doing about 85-90 on a 50 (he was on an oncoming bike, apart from him the road was completely empty).. he pulled me over and we spent about 20 minutes talking about Hornets and restrictions as he was going to get one for his son! Let me off with one warning, and then proceeded to piss all over me by overtaking me at the same speed he told me not to do :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

All this talk of speeding and what happens.....I acquire another 3 points this morning :( :( :(
I am seriously going to have to be careful for the next year.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:All this talk of speeding and what happens.....I acquire another 3 points this morning :( :( :(
I am seriously going to have to be careful for the next year.

(:-})
funny that, as you didn't seem to be riding that slowly this afternoon..... :wink:
bad luck tho mate, never seen plod in that spot before, could so easily been me on another day..... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

not since the 80S thankfully.

first time was on a LC350 doing 50 odd in a 30 late at night. 3 month ban and £100 fine i think .

second time pulling a 3rd gear wheelie. clocked at 62 for near a quarter mile :thumbup: . 6 month ban and 400 fine..

god i want another LC in my life lol
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote:..

god i want another LC in my life lol

Good call, I have those same flashbacks :thumbup:
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »