Commuter - VanVan or TW125?

General Bike chat
lloydie

Re: Commuter - VanVan or TW125?

Post by lloydie »

How about a Yamaha T80 ?
There shaft drive and look the same as a c90 .
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

lloydie wrote:How about a Yamaha T80 ?
There shaft drive and look the same as a c90 .
Aah - I like the enclosed chain on the C90, but a shaft would be even better - cheers Lloydie :thumbup: They do some thin on the ground though :thumbdown:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

my mate has a TRX 850 for sale, with Rental upright bars on it. I think he is looking for about £700. its well worth it. Just had the shims done etc and a years MOT. needs a little bit of tidying though. But its not too bad. He has just bought a Storm.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Previously commuted on a cg125 and couldn't fault it. 100mpg or so
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

bigtwinthing wrote:my mate has a TRX 850 for sale, with Rental upright bars on it. I think he is looking for about £700. its well worth it. Just had the shims done etc and a years MOT. needs a little bit of tidying though. But its not too bad. He has just bought a Storm.
I don't have room in the garage for another (got two already)! He'd be advised to stick it on the TRX forum, or I could do it for him if you PM me his contact details BTT?
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Watty

Post by Watty »

bigtwinthing wrote:my mate has a TRX 850 for sale, with Rental upright bars on it. I think he is looking for about £700. its well worth it. Just had the shims done etc and a years MOT. needs a little bit of tidying though. But its not too bad. He has just bought a Storm.
Typical when I've just spent too much recently! I'd have had a go at that! Quite fancy a TRX :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Watty wrote:
Typical when I've just spent too much recently! I'd have had a go at that! Quite fancy a TRX :D

It needs a bit of TLC but ok.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

If the road to the station is that bad with pot holes etc then what about this:

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/bikes-sale ... ition.html
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Watty

Post by Watty »

bigtwinthing wrote:
Watty wrote:

It needs a bit of TLC but ok.
I'm good with TLC! I've still spent too much though :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Wicky wrote:If the road to the station is that bad with pot holes etc then what about this:

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/bikes-sale ... ition.html
Always liked them, but I'd be annoyed if got nicked (likely in Crawley) left outside the station all week. I've decided to look for a Townmate (shaft) as Lloydie suggested and if I can't find one I'll go for the C90.

Thanks all, much appreciated,
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts