Speedometer not working??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
8541Hawk

Re: Speedometer not working??

Post by 8541Hawk »

It is a fairly simple set up. The speedo should read while running on the stand.
If it is still not working, then it is not the stuff I mentioned as that only lasts a short while.

I would check all the earths as that is the most common issue. :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Speedometer not working??

Post by sirch345 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
sirch345 wrote:What camera is that you're using ... and Jools Holland had Seasick Steve on there...
How Do Meester Chris. The camera is just a GoPro Hero 3 Silver. Nowt fancy. It's set on the lowest definition (720p), as my computer cannot handle the playback on HD. It's a fairly good picture on 720p, but car number plates are a tad out of focus (not too good if I have to run something back). I have seen the HD playback on someone elses pooter, and I'm quite impressed with it.

It's not good for sound though, as despite the sales pitch/blurb saying ''up to 30mph, use the open camera door'', and over 30mph, use the wind/sealed door''. I use the totally sealed case, and as soon as I hit 30mph, the wind noise on playback is horrendous! I've tried the chest rig to see if that made any difference, but nope - still very wooshy and drowns out the sound of the bike. It might not be helping having the camera on the side of me lid. Maybe it's in the airflow coming off the windscreen? I have seen others on the YouTube, using the same camera and same helmet placement, and they can be heard talking crystal clear at over the ton???

Seasick Steve wasn't seen by me last night (if yer referring to Jools' Hootenanny?) - I was in bed by 11pm. Took a cup of coffee upstairs and settled down with a dirty book that had a few pages stuck together.... (a Haynes manual that's been well thumbed with oily fingerprints!)

:thumbup: 8)
How Do Dave, thanks for info on your GoPro Hero 3 video camera. Is there not a socket on the GoPro 3 for an external microphone :?: If there is that would most likely explain the crystal clear voice at that sort of speed, the mic being inside the riders helmet I'm guessing.

Yes I was referring to Jools' Hootenanny. I hadn't really heard of Seasick Steve until you mentioned him on here, but I had looked him up at the time on Youtube, so I knew what he looked like, I was surprised to see him in action on the TV :D

Nothing like a bike book for bedtime :wink: :lol:

Chris.