annoying gallery !

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

sirch345 wrote:VTRgirl is this you :?:

http://au.msnusers.com/bitzies/shoebox. ... &PhotoID=2

Chris.
Ummm... yeah. Oops! The perils of not having a clue what you're doing on the web, eh? Had no intention of that going anywhere! Hope those nudey shots don't turn up... :wink: Oh well, I'll put an "after" pic of the tyre there too. Not sure how well it'll scan but I'll give it a go...
http://au.msnusers.com/bitzies/shoebox. ... &PhotoID=3

I guess at least now you lot can tell why people have been wondering if Kaz & I were separated at birth... :?
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

That your name then ? Bitzie ? :oops:
Reckon you need to perform a fenderectomy on your storm ! :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote
Ummm... yeah. Oops! The perils of not having a clue what you're doing on the web, eh? Had no intention of that going anywhere! Hope those nudey shots don't turn up... :wink: Oh well, I'll put an "after" pic of the tyre there too. Not sure how well it'll scan but I'll give it a go...

I thought that was a good shot of you, obviously a lovely warm day.
The one of your rear tyre after the burnout me thinks you must be loaded, OR that tyre was cr*p lol
Chris.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

yellafella wrote:That your name then ? Bitzie ? :oops:
Nup. That's the folder where I put me "bitzies" :wink:
VTR1000KAZ wrote:looks like theres masses of tread left on either side tho?
Actually, it's pretty warn. Bridgestone Battleax (I now run Pilot Power). The tread patterns go pretty deep, but the wear markers don't. There's actually less than 2mm on the edge that hasn't met the tar. It's my commuter as well as my past-time though, so lots of wear mainly on the flat.
sirch345 wrote:I thought that was a good shot of you, obviously a lovely warm day. The one of your rear tyre after the burnout me thinks you must be loaded, OR that tyre was cr*p lol
Chris.
Ta. Every day's a lovely warm one here. That's standard winter attire :wink: . I was en route to the tyre shop & figured it was time I learnt to smoke 'er up. I confess I go through about 3 back tyres a year though. $255 each. Is that about 130 pounds? Heck, you guys could be on Euros for all I know... :oops:

Well, I've worked out how to do multiple quotes... 8O I'm impressed! 8)
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

8) I think I fluked it with a lot of copying & pasting...
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Doh !!!!! Havent worked out how to do one !!! :oops:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote
Every day's a lovely warm one here. That's standard winter attire

I must admit I did not expect you to say that (That's standard winter attire) I know your weather is a lot warmer than ours but not that good in winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a nurse do you work in a private hospital as you don't have a national health service as such or have I got that wrong,
Chris.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

sirch345 wrote:I must admit I did not expect you to say that (That's standard winter attire) I know your weather is a lot warmer than ours but not that good in winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was a bit of a fib with the standard winter attire thing. We do get out the lekky blankies & flanno sheets, but to give you an idea, winter started June 1st & I can see a kid playing outside next door in a flanno shirt, jarmie pants... and a tail. Yes, he has a tail on. No, he's not interbred with a kangaroo. Just a play one. Don't ask (btw it's 12:20pm here).
sirch345 wrote:Being a nurse do you work in a private hospital as you don't have a national health service as such or have I got that wrong,
Chris.
Health system? We actually have the best in the world. Everyone pays into Medicare as a kind of tax levy (how much depends on whether you have private cover also - I think it's 1% or something). Every citizen gets a Medicare card which entitles you to a certain rebate on just about every medical thing (doesn't cover dental). Our public system has fantastic facilities and is generally better equipped than private. I'm in a city of about 120,000 with two private hospitals (I work for the larger one - about 150 beds) and a much bigger public hospital. I've only just taken out private insurance (as I need to have a fairly big op) & for a person in my situation (single & 32) it costs about $35 per fortnight. When I get this op done in Dec/Jan, I'll be about $500 out of pocket instead of $6,000 (if I went public it would be completely free).

The only real benefit to going private is that you can have whatever op you want or need when you want and with whatever surgeon you want. On public, there's a "list" & you don't know who'll do the op. Of course, if it's something urgent, it'll be done. Don't believe the media piffle saying people wait years & have to go overseas. It's crap. I only joined private cover because having worked in Theatre, I now know the surgeons & want to have my pick. If I didn't know them personally, I would've just gone public (and not had to pay a cent).

Incidentally, private nurses have to work a lot harder & get paid about $1 per hour less. This is not just a gripe. It's a fact. I believe you will get a much better standard of care in the private system.

Sorry for waffling... :roll:
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

Not a waffle, its always interesting to hear from people on the inside. I don't think the pommies will ever understand our weather though. I am a Queenslander but I've lived in Sydney mostly. Our winter weather has been the mildest I can remember. Middle of the day with T-shirt and shorts- beautiful. 8)
Last edited by Sharpe1 on Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote
That was a bit of a fib with the standard winter attire thing. We do get out the lekky blankies & flanno sheets, but to give you an idea, winter started June 1st & I can see a kid playing outside next door in a flanno shirt, jarmie pants... and a tail. Yes, he has a tail on. No, he's not interbred with a kangaroo. Just a play one. Don't ask (btw it's 12:20pm here).

That seems strange to hear that your winter starts June 1st as thats suppose to be when our summer starts! but thats only because i've only ever lived in the UK. I was a bit concerned about the child next door with a tail, until I read the bit about it was "just a play one" :D
Chris.

VTRgirl wrote
Health system? We actually have the best in the world. Everyone pays into Medicare as a kind of tax levy (how much depends on whether you have private cover also - I think it's 1% or something). Every citizen gets a Medicare card which entitles you to a certain rebate on just about every medical thing (doesn't cover dental). Our public system has fantastic facilities and is generally better equipped than private.

The health system set up you have sounds very simular to our national health system, we also have to pay a percentage of our pay into the system, they call it national insurance. It does cover dental things but a lot of the dentists are going private so obviously you then have pay the full amout. If you are lucky enough to have a dentist who's still working for the NHService you've got to hang on to him/her. I think our health service is probably still one of the finest in the world although not as good as it was say 20-25 years ago.

That's not waffling! I found it most informative and very interesting, i've certainly learned a lot from it.
I wish you well with your op in Dec/Jan, you of all people know you'll be in the best possible place with the best of everything available, they say (well over here anyway) that the hospital staff make the worst patients, you'll just have to prove them wrong! :wink:
Chris.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

sirch345 wrote:I wish you well with your op in Dec/Jan, you of all people know you'll be in the best possible place with the best of everything available, they say (well over here anyway) that the hospital staff make the worst patients, you'll just have to prove them wrong! :wink:
Chris.
Hehe. I have no intention of proving them wrong! I plan to be the worst ever :twisted: .
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote
Hehe. I have no intention of proving them wrong! I plan to be the worst ever :twisted:

Thats the spirt girl :!:
Stick with that and they won't be able to get you out fast enough,
Chris. :lol: