Saint sparks

General Biker Banter
EGG

Post by EGG »

Curly,
Cadwell is a great riders track. Went there on a ZXR400 a few years ago and made litre sports bike look stupid. It's well worth it.
:P
Better to burn out than just fade away!
trebs

Post by trebs »

dernit, 28 quid.. great subject matter, no detracting from that but as a photog myself I sure hope the original print had more detail in it than that, that's lacking any depth in the shadow areas...
Ok, geek mode off...

Like I said, no detracting from your ride.

Trebs.

http://www.stillmation.com
saint

Post by saint »

trebs wrote:dernit, 28 quid.. great subject matter, no detracting from that but as a photog myself I sure hope the original print had more detail in it than that, that's lacking any depth in the shadow areas...
Ok, geek mode off...

Like I said, no detracting from your ride.

Trebs.

http://www.stillmation.com
I reduced the picture quality bu 70% just so that it fits onto this page ok.
I got another 8 pictures as well
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

You should try a closer crop on your helmet and try to highlight the on-coming track. Might work if you can get in close enough.
Rich.

Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

curly, kneedown really isnt as hard as you think, its more about body postion than anything else!!!

Anybody got any photo taking tips for me with a sony DSC digital cam? i have EF set at 1 and iso400 but the backgrounds dont blur correctly , i think this is to do with the focus point but not all that sure? :-S
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Squiffythewombat wrote:Anybody got any photo taking tips for me with a sony DSC digital cam? i have EF set at 1 and iso400 but the backgrounds dont blur correctly , i think this is to do with the focus point but not all that sure? :-S
I don't find ISO-400 works very well on digital cameras. Seem to get a lot of noise from the gain being turned up. You're better off reducing the shutter speed but the difficulty is you need to keep the subject EXACTLY in the same place otherwise that'll be blurred too
What camera have you got?
VTRfloozy wrote:Beeeooooooodifully done, Stormin'! But I have to say, the second angle doesn't have quite as much allure... Could almost be someone who forgot to put their feet down at the lights... Wink (You don't know where I live, do you???) EEK!
I'm guessing you've only got little legs then? :wink:
Funnily enough I actually prefer the second shot, just seems a bit more dynamic and a better lean angle

Ben
trebs

Post by trebs »

squiffy,
for a good with focused target and blurred background you really need to pan the shot, following the bike well, shutter time of around 1/60th is good, keep the aperture wide too, I can go to F2.8 and that really helps to blur the background too. I've no idea how much manual control you have on your cam but don't use the "sports" mode. That will really try to freeze all the action.

Good panning is very hard. Shoot lots of shots, you'll need to.

leave the ISO as low as possible, upping that will just mean more image noise and allow faster shutter speeds. Not what we want for this job. Especially on compact digital cams where the noise on ISO can be really bad.

I've a few shots online, both with the panning technique with slow shutter and the fast shutter technique to freeze action.

http://www.stillmation.com/sport/

Good luck,

Trebs.

Saint, I'm glad to hear you got more than one shot !