what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by bigtwinthing »

cleaned up the headers and the rear sprocket and chain. Drilled the top box and fitted the back support ( stop laughing) and cleaned the wheels again!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Just need to update your profile photo now Paul :lol:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Duffy1964 wrote:Just need to update your profile photo now Paul :lol:

I will have to Get a Picky for Sirch the "Avatar King" lol.

I've just got back (yep its only 0615) from another 100 mile blast and still have 1/4 tank left !!!! WTF :lol: , iam really loving the bike, totally comfy and with wet roads the ABS is bloody inspiring to be honest. I am not sure why the brakes are so good considering the CB had Radial brakes these seem perfect to me on the CBF. Fueling is amazingly glitch free it pulls from 2000 revs in top all the way to the red line so sweet.

Lloydie is right they are a tad Fugly, but after 100 miles aim convinced about comfort, the riding position is wonderful for an ageing fart.

were off the get he Wifes clobber today, then out as soon as it dry to see how she likes being on the back again. France next weekend for a blast.
Its is typically Honda with a great build quality about it. The main gripe for me,! The handlebars look like they have been fitted from a BMX bike, horrendous shape and cheap looking chrome. But comfy, i will put up with it though as they are so comfy. all in all having a blast, back on a bike iam loving. It aint slow either,
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Sounds good Paul, they seem well rated :thumbup:

Spent ages removing tank pads (one stuck over the top of another) on the TRX. Top one came off okay but the other was a really old, thin, brittle carbon jobby that stuck like sh1t to a blanket. WD40, GT85 and liberal use of Mrs Kay's hairdryer and fingernails - by the time it was off and cleaned up the rain started so back into the garage :roll:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Changed the oil on Custard, it ticked over past 40k on the way in to work on Fri...was on 36.5 when I got it...14ish weeks worth of commuting.

Fiddled with the clocks as since fitting the replacement loom the clock resets when you turn the ign. off, I normaly run on the trip & reset that when fueling up, now when I turn it on it shows miles & when you change it to the trip it's reset to 00.0...checked the connections on the back of the clocks & all the block conectors as well...still doing it on a static test...bugger...

Adjusted & lubed the chain...put it away...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Bought the wifes bike Gear. All Diannese, + Flip Front Helmet, some Gloves and Boots, bloody skint now!!! Oh and its raining tomorrow :confused
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I gave it a stroke as I walked passed it to get a screw driver out my tool box .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

bigtwinthing wrote:Bought the wifes bike Gear. All Diannese, + Flip Front Helmet, some Gloves and Boots, bloody skint now!!! Oh and its raining tomorrow :confused
Wife in leather...oor err now you will have a flip up helmet :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bigtwinthing wrote:
Duffy1964 wrote:Just need to update your profile photo now Paul :lol:

I will have to Get a Picky for Sirch the "Avatar King" lol.
:lol: send it on over when you're ready Paul.
cybercarl wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:Bought the wifes bike Gear. All Diannese, + Flip Front Helmet, some Gloves and Boots, bloody skint now!!! Oh and its raining tomorrow :confused
Wife in leather...oor err now you will have a flip up helmet :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Chris.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Put my newly registered plate on today, surname Kay, born in 1970. old nickname :D

I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now that's pretty cool :thumbup: Look at all that wine. Time for a garage clean up party. :biggrin
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

started to fit the quick action throttle tube. had a beer, and another beer, and and and. il do it tomorrow. :beer:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

fabiostar wrote:started to fit the quick action throttle tube. had a beer, and another beer, and and and. il do it tomorrow. :beer:
Lol, know that feeling!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Gave Nue Red a run. Nipped over to Tonys to pick a screen up...Hoping to beat the predicted rain...I didn't got blinking soaked... :lol: :lol:

You know it's wet when you have to wring your gloves out when back at home...Even me bloody undercrackers were damp... 8O

Haven't really ridden Red since the night before GrainStorm & that was only up the road to test a few things...

The difference between Red & Custard is incredible...

Red now sports Rodgerd Forks, Brembo callipers with an SP M/C & a full Mori system... It's so much smoother than Custard feels like an armchair ! Seems to be quicker & stopps better...Roll on Devon ... :thumbup:

Oh that & after 3.5k of commuting the new rear tyre that I put on Custard when I got it has squared off somewhat...whitelines ummm lovely...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

146 miles today with the wife on the back, the bike was brilliant to be honest and only 1 tankful. The bike did impress, suspension seems bob on with 2 with just the preload notched up. So comfy too.