Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

fabiostar wrote:That is bloody lovely :clap:
thanks rob, i'll bung you a fiver for every compliment..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Stripped, cleaned & rebuilt a set of callipers to be fitted to Bloo, repaired the fairing again as the new owner broke it again taking the mirror off...

More importantly, sorted out the clip on for Custard refitted the fairing, checked it over & ran it up to temp...Might even ride it tomorrow...I have to get to a physio appointment....

Thats Physiotherapy for me shoulder not Psychotherapy...yip yip boing :crazy:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Watty wrote:Actually started her and ran her up to temp. Forgot how sweet she sounds :D
That's more like it Andy :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

opened a big box and found a set of scorpian cans for the yellow girl. shes feeling a bit unloved :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

MacV2 wrote:Might even ride it tomorrow...I have to get to a physio appointment....
If you DO decide to take the bike.....take it easy. Crawl down the road on tortoise mode if you have to. No point undoing all the good that's been done. Best of luck with the Physio! :thumbup:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Might even ride it tomorrow...I have to get to a physio appointment....
If you DO decide to take the bike.....take it easy. Crawl down the road on tortoise mode if you have to. No point undoing all the good that's been done. Best of luck with the Physio! :thumbup:
So with the bonus of a pair of heated gloves I ordered tuning up this morning, a quick wiring in job done, left home at 14.00 for a 15.00 appointment...

First ride since the 'off ' on 23rd Oct...Roads nice & greasy, rained overnight after a few days of frost so loads of salt had been spread.

Bit strange at first, took it faily sedate but soon got into it...30 min ride parked up, shoulder not to bad, hands nicely toasty.

Ride back bit more traffic...I may or may not have given it large through the Medway tunnel...well you have to don't you... :lol:

Gritters had been back out again, so gave it a hose down when I got back.

Glad to be back out it's gonna take a while before it's fully comfy to ride any distance but its a start...

OH phisio was just a check on movent range & being showed & given some exercise's to do to get the muscles back moving again.

Back next week for a follow up.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

MacV2 wrote:
TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
So with the bonus of a pair of heated gloves I ordered tuning up this morning, a quick wiring in job done, left home at 14.00 for a 15.00 appointment...

First ride since the 'off ' on 23rd Oct...Roads nice & greasy, rained overnight after a few days of frost so loads of salt had been spread.

Bit strange at first, took it faily sedate but soon got into it...30 min ride parked up, shoulder not to bad, hands nicely toasty.

Ride back bit more traffic...I may or may not have given it large through the Medway tunnel...well you have to don't you... :lol:

Gritters had been back out again, so gave it a hose down when I got back.

Glad to be back out it's gonna take a while before it's fully comfy to ride any distance but its a start...

OH phisio was just a check on movent range & being showed & given some exercise's to do to get the muscles back moving again.

Back next week for a follow up.
Have a raddox hot bath and don't be tempted to polish your frame

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:lol: :lol:

good going Mac
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Just take it VERY easy Mac. After my first collar bone operation I was feeling great. Then I grabbed the dogs collar and bang, Screws pulled out and it was fecked again. So easy to do with one moment of inattention. It took two years and three operations before it was sorted. It COULD have been just 6 months.... Doh.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Stripped the Varastorm down to give it a liberal coating of ACF50.

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

fitted a new horn, feck its loud, i had to recuss the cat :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

took the red ones carbs apart to clean them as it was a tad ruff. and wombles can i get it to run on two for anymore than a few seconds :Argue 1:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

fabiostar wrote:took the red ones carbs apart to clean them as it was a tad ruff. and wombles can i get it to run on two for anymore than a few seconds :Argue 1:
Sounds as if Ole Red's spat the dummy.

It's jealous of the new Spondon in the garage & all the love your giving it :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Varastorm wrote:
fabiostar wrote:took the red ones carbs apart to clean them as it was a tad ruff. and wombles can i get it to run on two for anymore than a few seconds :Argue 1:
Sounds as if Ole Red's spat the dummy.

It's jealous of the new Spondon in the garage & all the love your giving it :lol:
Ole Red died in April 2013. That was my old Storm...RIP

Robs Spondon is the red one his other bike is yella...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Vacuum Pipe on the wrong spigot or split. Earlier tank and you turned the fuel tap off???

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal