Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Snoogle »

See here for what I've done............

http://www.haymouth.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... 6&start=15
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Today I enjoyed a very pleasant little ride around here, ending up at a very acceptable little poob for a little pint. Then rode home and attacked the bitch with me spanners (not the missus!) and fitted my nice new shiney manual CCT's -

All done, finished in the dark again. Now for the advice bit. Haven't ridden it yet but fired up lovely and no nasty knocking noises or squealing/screeching. This being the case can I assume it's done correctly?

:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cba waiting so i got the dremel out.
them little rotary files are bloody brill, absolutely eat the metal away :thumbup:

exhaust before

after

inlet before

after

i'll finish off tomorrow with a bit of solvol on a wire wheel - jobs a good un.
should well improve the breathing
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

fitted new carbs without water pipes and now ready foe sink tomorrow
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

roder her well then test drove some mopeds then rode her to my local biker t shack
and nearly got run over by a reversing mini the tw@
east london/essex [leyton ]
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kev L wrote:Today I enjoyed a very pleasant little ride around here, ending up at a very acceptable little poob for a little pint. Then rode home and attacked the bitch with me spanners (not the missus!) and fitted my nice new shiney manual CCT's -

All done, finished in the dark again. Now for the advice bit. Haven't ridden it yet but fired up lovely and no nasty knocking noises or squealing/screeching. This being the case can I assume it's done correctly?

:beer:
After you've rolled it around a few times on the crankshaft bolt, all you can do is hit the button and see what it sounds like.

If it sounds ok, and goes ok, it probably IS ok.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

After you've rolled it around a few times on the crankshaft bolt, all you can do is hit the button and see what it sounds like.

If it sounds ok, and goes ok, it probably IS ok.
Thanks for the reassurance mate. Bit nervous that something I did might cause the bike to eat itself.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

For the first time in ages, nothing at all today.
I'm having a day off.

I seem to have worked on it every day off for the last two months!
It needs a good clean, so yesterday I put the cover on it and today I'm leaving it there.
Out of sight, out of mind.....

Question:
Why is "bike" in the title in speech marks?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

is it to let none vtr owners have a say?
east london/essex [leyton ]
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

because some might not be reconised as a bike yet .
i was going to put "ride" but that leave it open to much more :wink:
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

Today, I have mostly been riding then cleaning the thing. Took it for a spin down to Loomies and had a fat boys and bumped into Jester :Dancing: Nice meeting you :D Took it from there down the 272 towards Winchester which was so good I came back then did it again, then from there down to Billinghurst and on to Box Hill. Got home then cleaned and polished it to within an inch of it's life :) Good day all told. :thumbup:
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
alec

Post by alec »

Finished fitting the mini indicators and put one of my forum stickers on the zorst lol

again many thanks too cheekykev for tthe indicators :thumbup:
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
MacKrell17

Post by MacKrell17 »

Today (well yesterday to be fair) I bit the bullet and finally took the first steps to modifying my storm (apart from the blue flames, scottoiler, hugger and smaller front sproket that I did at some point last year). Mainly I was going to fit the ohlins shock :D I have sitting on my kitchen table but then I thought no good having and excellent rear end (so to speak) but still have pants original springs in the front ... so I took the forks off ready to send away to have new springs and re-valveing etc :thumbup: ... but that got me thinking I should really replace the right hand side fairing that I knackered when I knocked the bike over 4 years ago (yes I know I'm a doughnut) so since I had the fairings off and the forks off I checked out Mario Navas website and so long as I can sort out delivery I think that will be ago as well ... and then following the conversation I had with Tony.Mon and KevL last week I started combing ebay to begin my swingarm project.... and I still haven't fitted the new shock. :wtf: If any of this looks any good I'll stick some photos in pimp section and when I finally get the photos to work I'll have the fairings up in the sales area. Funny how you can start off thinking to make a minor little change and it turns into what will practically be a bike rebuild. :crazy: So long as I can get her back on the road in time for the RBLR1000 it will all be ok... :D
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

tinysmall wrote:Today, I have mostly been riding then cleaning the thing. Took it for a spin down to Loomies and had a fat boys and bumped into Jester :Dancing: Nice meeting you :D Took it from there down the 272 towards Winchester which was so good I came back then did it again, then from there down to Billinghurst and on to Box Hill. Got home then cleaned and polished it to within an inch of it's life :) Good day all told. :thumbup:

Good to meet you today TS. Lovely looking bike you have! BUT...not as loud as mine!! :lol:

Wonder if matey on the black 'Storm with the fuel leak got home unsinged? 8O :lol:
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

I fitted me new zorst and handlebars....

http://www.haymouth.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... 6&start=15

Then caught my son rifling through my spanners....he's only 10 months old...still, tis good that he's interested in twins this young, wish I was taught all the good things about twins when I was younger :D
A head full of fears has no room for dreams