Stephan

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Stephan »

Varatracker looks great Phil :)
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Thanks Stephan, long way to go still but little steps :thumbup:

I pulled the "bike" out, I can call it that now as it isn't in various boxes :lol:

Started to snow, so I kept the bike :thumbdown:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode it...Started bloody snowing FFS...only flurries mind...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i nearly done something? dpd called with a big box but nobody here so .nothing happened ,again :sad2 :sad2

suppose it could be worse. at least the wife wasnt here lol
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

MacV2 wrote:Rode it...Started bloody snowing FFS...only flurries mind...
Hmmmmm Macflurries!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Rode it...Started bloody snowing FFS...only flurries mind...
Hmmmmm Macflurries!
:lol: :lol:

Woke up this morn to a light sprinkle...still falling but wet so not settling...

Or...

Woke up this morning to a light sprinkle...you'd think at nearly 53 It's time to stop wetting the bed... :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Yesterday as it was cold but dry charged the battery up and took her for spin across town to visit a client in hospital. Surprised to find it had snowed so an interesting ride back home in the rush hour.

On Wednesday bumped into Jonesy coming back from Ipswich, when I was on the Transalp - racing along the backroads I kept my nose ahead of him :wink: :biggrin
Last edited by Wicky on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
podman

Post by podman »

Yes, had a dusting of snow here as well both yesterday & today. Yesterday I saw some poor sod on a 1998 Yamaha VMax of all things, riding up the M6 near Manchester, needs must I guess.

The forecast promises a glimpse of double figures mid-week, im sure it will go downhill at some stage again but im hoping to get out on the storm for a first spin then, seems like this Winter has been a very long one eh?
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

This is a nightmare. I need another bike.

Took the KTM (640LC4) out on the lanes. Fairly high gearing and TKC80s work really well on the road and quite well on the firm off-road stuff. But.... a lot of the lanes are bottomless mud. Dual purpose tyres are horrid in mud.

One of the guys had a lovely KTM200. Light as a feather, proper off-road tyres. But I've got no room!!!

What did I do to my bike? I washed half of Northumberland off it.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:This is a nightmare. I need another bike.

Took the KTM (640LC4) out on the lanes. Fairly high gearing and TKC80s work really well on the road and quite well on the firm off-road stuff. But.... a lot of the lanes are bottomless mud. Dual purpose tyres are horrid in mud.

One of the guys had a lovely KTM200. Light as a feather, proper off-road tyres. But I've got no room!!!

What did I do to my bike? I washed half of Northumberland off it.
Buy a second set of wheels & fit different tyres...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

fitted a new rear cover. The other was a tad patchy on the paint. sat on it to test the Ohlins. :lol: 4 weeks till skiing so no riding for me for a bit. :thumbdown: however lots to do this spring and summer.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

bigtwinthing wrote:. 4 weeks till skiing so no riding for me for a bit. :thumbdown: .
Where are you going this year BTT? StAnton again?

I just did 4 days in Poland with a group of beginners and intermediate skiers, and although the slopes and number of runs are nowhere near the size of the Alps, they were perfect for what the groups were after and the cost was a bargain.
My youngest decided she wanted to try snowboarding, so she had lessons for 2.5hrs for 3 mornings. Her and my mates son with one instructor....£75 per head total bill! You would pay that per hour in the Alps, and you could get beer at close to £1 a pint :beer: :

Then off to StAnton on the 10th of March for 4 days with the expert skiers, so I will be taking the role of the blue firestorm and they will have to wait for me to catch up :lol:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I had a cheeky 180 mile ride today, at times I was doing silly speeds, and there where also some pootling as well... :lol:
I visited the Marc Marquez fan club, sadly it was just closing when I arrived... :(
i'm not a great fan of his, but it's in his home town of Cervera, which is about 80 miles away, good enough reason to go for a ride :Bike:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

AMCQ46 wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:. 4 weeks till skiing so no riding for me for a bit. :thumbdown: .
Where are you going this year BTT? StAnton again?

I just did 4 days in Poland with a group of beginners and intermediate skiers, and although the slopes and number of runs are nowhere near the size of the Alps, they were perfect for what the groups were after and the cost was a bargain.
My youngest decided she wanted to try snowboarding, so she had lessons for 2.5hrs for 3 mornings. Her and my mates son with one instructor....£75 per head total bill! You would pay that per hour in the Alps, and you could get beer at close to £1 a pint :beer: :

Then off to StAnton on the 10th of March for 4 days with the expert skiers, so I will be taking the role of the blue firestorm and they will have to wait for me to catch up :lol:
Schladming for 10 days. I love this resort, very very underrated. its been refurbed greatly over the last 6 years. Not particulay high at 2000 meters but always had good snow. I like tree lined runs too. If the snow keeps possibly Solden late in the season. The Mrs has new ski,s and boots for this year too. She has come on a treat over the past 2 years.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Where in Poland did you go Al? Just back from Austria and whilst the snow was good it was mobbed, cost a fortune and full of obnoxious poncey gits.
Need to learn to tie my laces now without squatting, legs are crippled.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time