Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

macdee wrote:The stuff of nightmares
That's no way to talk about going to Macs house :lol:
AMcQ
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

picked up The Tiger. tweaked the forks a bit, and done 312 miles this afternoon. wow it has superb linear power, bit rough up to 3000rpm, where it feels tractor like, and then hits 3000 and really smooth all the way up.

So comfy and huge bars to turn it in. It holds a line superb.Once id scrubbed the new tyres in it handled extremely well. loving it so far. it Tramps on thats for sure.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Finished giving the vtr a good clean going to MOT it tomorrow ready for some forum meets this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
podman

Post by podman »

Where has the sunshine gone?!

I hope we all got a few miles in over the weekend.

I wont bore you with more 2 stroke pics again but we met up with Freddie Spencer at the OyBike open day yesterday, my friend got him to sign his NS400 seat hump, Freddie is my all time fave racer and the bloke is a gent, listening to him tallking about the late 70s racing the NR500 and then going on to the NS500s in the early/mid 80s is pure heaven.

[url]Image

In the afternoon had a ride out with my brother on his 996SPS, what a fantastic looking bike still...

[url]Image
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

My mate has a yellow (the best colour) 996 parked in his lounge. A true work of art.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
podman

Post by podman »

KermitLeFrog wrote:My mate has a yellow (the best colour) VTR parked in his lounge. A true work of art.
Couldnt agree more Ian :mrgreen:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mik_str wrote:
sirch345 wrote:It's the fine tuning that counts Micky, as you've proved before :thumbup:

I'm being lazy I know (but my excuse is I really should be up in my workshop and not on here :wink: ) but what does 15/40 gearing relate too, would it be lowering the gearing by something like half a tooth less on the rear sprocket if there were such a thing :?:

Chris.
Yes, trying to optimize everything and leave nothing on the table; more power and better running through optimisation. All the big pieces are in place, the game now is to get the most out of all of them.

to answer your gearing question, 15/40 is almost the same as 16/43, just a slight bit taller (16/43 yields 27.3 km/h per 1000 rpm in 6th while 15/40 gets you 27.5). Am running 16/42 at the moment and wanted something just a bit lower....
Thanks for the technical bits Micky :thumbup:
It looks like I was on the right line so-to-speak :)

Chris.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

podman wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote:I have a yellow (the best colour) VTR parked in my lounge. A true work of art.
Couldnt agree more Ian :mrgreen:
Let me correct you....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

podman wrote:Where has the sunshine gone?!

I hope we all got a few miles in over the weekend.

I wont bore you with more 2 stroke pics again but we met up with Freddie Spencer at the OyBike open day yesterday, my friend got him to sign his NS400 seat hump, Freddie is my all time fave racer and the bloke is a gent, listening to him tallking about the late 70s racing the NR500 and then going on to the NS500s in the early/mid 80s is pure heaven.
Freddie Spencer was great in his day, good to see the photo of him with you and your mate :thumbup:

Chris.
Da Lipper

Post by Da Lipper »

:D Started the Firestorm for the first time in 3 years! Just as well it's snowing, or I would have gone for a run. Now to get a MOT booked.
podman

Post by podman »

Quality afternoon with my Dad today, we finally managed to finally refit his refurbed Bantam wheels back in the bike, a couple of the parts we bought from (apparently) reputable brit bike suppliers didnt fit and caused a lot of heartache , more money getting them to fit and much going to and forth and all the delay that caused....we was also borrowing a friends bench for a "few weeks"...

The "recommended" tyre didnt fit in the front mudguard, so had to be changed, every day is a learning day but with a new to me British bike and Dad forgetting some of what he had learned from back in the day, it was even more so....we now have some Whitworth spanners thou!

The wheels we had done as the chrome was falling off and the hubs turning to powder, seeing as the rest of the bike had been restored they was an eyesore, with everything refinished now inc new rims, spokes , sprocket, cables etc it looks very posh.

I was astonished when it fired first kick with some fresh fuel in it after a 7 month lay up, Dad was stoked to get it home as I was.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

podman wrote:Quality afternoon with my Dad today, we finally managed to finally refit his refurbed Bantam wheels back in the bike, a couple of the parts we bought from (apparently) reputable brit bike suppliers didnt fit and caused a lot of heartache , more money getting them to fit and much going to and forth and all the delay that caused....we was also borrowing a friends bench for a "few weeks"...

The "recommended" tyre didnt fit in the front mudguard, so had to be changed, every day is a learning day but with a new to me British bike and Dad forgetting some of what he had learned from back in the day, it was even more so....we now have some Whitworth spanners thou!

The wheels we had done as the chrome was falling off and the hubs turning to powder, seeing as the rest of the bike had been restored they was an eyesore, with everything refinished now inc new rims, spokes , sprocket, cables etc it looks very posh.

I was astonished when it fired first kick with some fresh fuel in it after a 7 month lay up, Dad was stoked to get it home as I was.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image
The wheels were definitely worth doing, the Bantam looks great now :thumbup:

Chris.
popkat

Post by popkat »

Looks mint Podman, well done to you and your Dad :clap:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Fitted my new Optimate charger. The phone connector, Tank Protector and rerouted the Sat nav Cables. Road it in the Rain. Fecking weather
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:Fitted my new Optimate charger. The phone connector, Tank Protector and rerouted the Sat nav Cables. Road it in the Rain. Fecking weather

Same here, except I rode mine...

Whent to the fracture clinic appiontment on it...Just as I was leaving bloody started to sleet...2miles down the road bright sunshine...

Clear blue skys when I left the hosp, riding down the Grain road big black clouds over the village in the distance...spits & spots on the way in...then it feked it down just as I pulled up outside the MacCave... :lol: :lol:

Gotta love these April showers...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...