Post by AMCQ46 »

Love it :lol:

Jamie, 1000 miles is a good weekend :thumbup:
AMcQ
lloydie

Re: Op CK stag run - Devon - 25th-27th July 2014

Post by lloydie »

What a week end :thumbup: .
The ride down was fantastic cross country using only twisty roads we arrived at the camp site BUZZING :-) 220 miles of twisty fun to kick start the weekend .
We pitched the tents and waited for Marty and Jamie to arrive after a few hours waiting we went to the put as they still hadn't turned up ! Got some beers and a stake dinner ,as we finished eating we had some more bears then we heard thunder ! Not the weather sort but the vtr thunder , it was Marty and Jamie at last (fecking pansies don't want to get wet :lol: .
Had a right laugh watching Marty trying to erect a pole tent that he thought was a pop up ha ha so we gave him a hand ImageImageImage
Once they were settled In back to the we all went .
For more beers and laughs :thumbup: .
We were still sitting out in the pub garden when they closed in the dark .
In the morning Image
After a few hours sleep we all woke up 6am and sorted ourselves out and went to the truck stop over the road for brecky while we waited for bigtwinthing , was good breakfast and a good way to start the day :thumbup: .
When bigtwinthing came we headed off to meat up with bob aka Popkat , we named him bob as none of us could remember his name so it stuck :lol: .
Bob took us for what I can only say as the best ride I've ever been on . Great roads and awesome views .

I was taking in to much of the lovely views when I fell behind ,I was also the back marker which was good playing catch up . Tho i did loose it on a very tight very steep down hill left hand hair pin And locked the forks up as they were to soft and I lodged myself in a hedge right up to the filler cap on the tank (no damage to kermit or myself )
I pulled me and kermit out the hedge and off I went to catch up .

Jamie was a champ realising I wasn't there and want waited for me to rejoin the fun :thumbup: .
At the next pop stop Bob sorted my fork and felt 100% better but still took me 30 odd miles to regain my confidence in them .
lloydie

Op CK stag run - Devon - 25th-27th July 2014

Post by lloydie »

Little later on the ride I was trying to catch up to Marty (not a easy thing to do as he is fast ) we were making good progress over one of the ridges and Marty got air born 1 1/2 foot with a perfect take off and landing and was a good site to see :thumbup: .
After the ride was over we headed back to camp for a shower and more food and beers tho we ended up drinking PIMPS how I don't know but was a good refreshing drink till the pub closed on us again :thumbup: .

So we made our way back to the tents to start the rituals of the weekend :-)
We gaffer taped ck to Christine (the inflatable doll ) and then to a chair ha ha and Marty did a belly dance on ck fecking funny they was ha ha .

We then dumped ck up the camp site still taped to the chair and left him there .
And went to bed or so he thought .
Ck got himself loose how I don't know !

Shame we couldn't do more to him but as he needed to be able to ride home today our hands were a little tied :-(

This morning I woke up at 6am and started to load up kermit and was greatful that I didn't over do it the night before as I felt crap as it was :sick: .
About 8am the other woke up and we loaded all the bikes up and went for breakfast back at the truck stop .

Ck and I parted ways from Marty and Jamie and headed home back down the 220 mile twisty roads tho it did take up a lot longer as we both were wiped out so we just took our time and stopped every 60 miles or so it was still a fun ride tho :thumbup: .

All weekend when ck and I filled up I used less fuel then him ha ha I found that funny as normally it's the other way around .

Just want to say a big thank you to BOB (popcat)for showing us some really great roads and giving us a great laugh .
Also a big thank you too
Jamie
Marty
Paul
And ck
For making it the best bike weekend I've ever had

You guys missed a fantastic week end .
Last edited by lloydie on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

A very good weekend. I can't really say anything more than what has been said already. A massive thank you to "bob" for showing us round on Saturday. Thank you to those who could make it. Really enjoyed myself despite being gaffa taped to a chair with a blow up sheep and doll and being left in plain view on the campsite, though everyone's interests were more in a rather ill women with resulted in a paramedic and ambulance so I was left to try and break myself free :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

lloydie wrote: And locked the forks up as they were to soft and I lodged myself in a hedge right up to the filler cap on the tank (no damage to kermit or myself
How did you find it in all that green?

There you are, living life close to the hedge.......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

tony.mon wrote:
lloydie wrote: And locked the forks up as they were to soft and I lodged myself in a hedge right up to the filler cap on the tank (no damage to kermit or myself

I was still sat on it thankfully or I would of been there for hours trying to find it :lol: .
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

lloydie wrote:
tony.mon wrote:

I was still sat on it thankfully or I would of been there for hours trying to find it :lol: .
What you do in privet is your own concern........
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

tony.mon wrote:
lloydie wrote:
tony.mon wrote:

What you do in privet is your own concern........
Ha ha :thumbup:

Just happy none of the others seen it as I would be picking them up off the floor after I removed my self from the bush !! .
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Just like you could have helped me on the Left hander i nearly never made. Great ride out, i was buggered when i got home, and still had to clean the stable out! Spent 2 hrs hooking flies off the bike today.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You was VERY Lucky on that bend and on the other right hander later in both counts you just need the bulls to get of the brakes and drop in right in .

I'm wiped out now with a right numb elbow !! After a 700 mile weekenend .
I'll give kermit a wash tomorrow when I can be arsed to
Watty

Post by Watty »

Great pictures lads, :thumbup: , bloody inconsiderate ill woman taking the limelight away from you chris :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

We need more of this one :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:You was VERY Lucky on that bend and on the other right hander later in both counts you just need the bulls to get of the brakes and drop in right in .

I'm wiped out now with a right numb elbow !! After a 700 mile weekenend .
I'll give kermit a wash tomorrow when I can be arsed to

your right, i don't have a problem on Left handers, i got hit by a huge bug, moved my head to the right and hooked on the bars which stood it up and i missed the bend, i was lucky all the same, on the right hander i was near shiting myself as i had braked and didn't want to just release in the middle of it. More practice required. starting tomorrow. Probably explains why i don't get the RHS fully off.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Watty

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nice to see a WEElie bin in pic 4 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!