snipper

Re: Right then......here he is

Post by snipper »

sweet looking SP2 :D

enjoy enjoy enjoy
Jim67

Post by Jim67 »

marravtr wrote:got to agree, looked at a silver one at granbys at ilkeston, 03 plate only done 2k!!! wanted 6 grand for it tho :eek2
Yeah but you know Granbys is a rip off on used bikes marra!!!! sat on the same bike me self but looks crap in silver and its way over priced!!!

Jim.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wait til winter, near the end of the month, offer them four and haggle. :wink:

They didn't pay anywhere near that for it, and they'll be wanting to get their cash back in the lean months.

Unless the original buyer bought it, found it used a lot of oil and p/ex'd it against a 2nd hand Blade?
(I'm not having a pop, Beamish, it's just that there's a reason for every bike being sold).

Sometimes it's because the latest version's come out, sometimes it's domestic or business money pressures, divorce, new kids, loss of job, maybe it's getting uncomfortable and you want something less focussed, more focussed for track days, whatever.

But if you can find out why it was sold (the real reason, not the one the seller tells you) then you can judge whether it's a good buy, or just good bye to your cash.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Jim, that looks lovely mate, very jealous. What happened with the blade?
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Mellis....the saga in a nutshell is my Blade (and many others 08's esp ) use a lot of oil. Honda say all is good as long as it is uses less than 1000ml per thousand miles. I am not happy with service and I cut and run before getting stuck with a fast depreciating superbike. I think the word will spread about the oil useage (it is already if you go to the right areas 8O ) coupled with the impending 'leaked shock new Blade MCN ' pictures I had to make a decision. I decided to run as I bought the bike for £1400 below list and lost just £500 over the 3000 miles I had it. Some will not be so lucky! The bike is outstanding dont get me wrong but too many they all do thats put me right off.

Enter the SP2 :D
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Beamish Wants
Don't want cans with no baffles though just a deeper note and the performance advantage
Ha! mine only just passed a db test at my local track with std pipes on it. :lol:
If you want performance gains I'm afraid you're going to have to make a little noise, the std Honda pipes are hard to beat. You'll have to go louder, Akro do pipes for the Sp2 still ,one dealer offered me a deal at £900 :eek2 ...I declined :oops: Check out a few of the good alternatives or pick up something from EBay. I got a very good deal from the states ( even after being caught by customs for duty) so don't be afraid to import. Arata and Sato have some of the best performance figures but peeps will definitely know you're coming :lol:

Pete
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

If my Buell can get through an MOT with the pipe it's got on atm (which it did :wink:) you should have no problem with the SP and race cans.

And I do know how loud SP's can get :)

The XB makes dogs cower, ramblers throw rocks at you and dolphins vomit :D

Akro's are lurvley on the SP though...
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Pete.L wrote:Beamish Wants
Don't want cans with no baffles though just a deeper note and the performance advantage
Ha! mine only just passed a db test at my local track with std pipes on it. :lol:
If you want performance gains I'm afraid you're going to have to make a little noise, the std Honda pipes are hard to beat. You'll have to go louder, Akro do pipes for the Sp2 still ,one dealer offered me a deal at £900 :eek2 ...I declined :oops: Check out a few of the good alternatives or pick up something from EBay. I got a very good deal from the states ( even after being caught by customs for duty) so don't be afraid to import. Arata and Sato have some of the best performance figures but peeps will definitely know you're coming :lol:

Pete
George whites are doing a deal on Scorpions £398. They sounded nice and deep on the Storm. What do you think, is it worth a PC and dyno with the Scorpions ? I would love new Carbon Akros but I cant pay £800. I would be single shortly after. :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Stop it! I cant believe I am starting to post threads on modding :D I am leaving it std thats final. Oh I have removed the rim tape though I hate the stuff!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Why don't you have a pair made Jim?

My new can was made to spec and sounds lush. I know there are plenty of places to choose from. They'd cost less and you could specify what you want sound/looks wise?

I can vouch for zorstec. If the Buell doesn't blow it to bits nothing will. My mate still has my w reg fazer with the zorst I had made and it looks and sounds as good as it did 5 years ago. It's got 21k on it too.

I know everyone has differing recommendations.
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Yeh I used A16 road and race on the Storm and they were good but v loud. I have some thinking to do.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Satan gargling springs to mind!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Timbo.....although they look beautiful imagine starting that up at devils! Every copper on or off duty in two counties will rub their hands.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Let it sing Jim! Fook em :)

Nah, in all honesty I wanted a sound like you've already mentioned. I've now got a a deeper tone without the added "noise" factor. Bit of a contradiction in terms :lol:

It is loud though :twisted:
SP1's rock!