Next bike - BMW F800 GS

General Bike chat
benny hedges

Re: Next bike - BMW F800 GS

Post by benny hedges »

nice headlight lol!
like the hazard lights too - one thing i think should be standard on all bikes.

is that satriani btw?
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
geodude

Post by geodude »

benny hedges wrote:nice headlight lol!
like the hazard lights too - one thing i think should be standard on all bikes.

is that satriani btw?
lol yeah. Vid descrition "....Sorry for the lack of close ups at this stage as the GoPro is a 170 degree camera and unless you are two feet away, you seem to be miles away. Sod going too close especially on a new bike, with new tyres in the piss pouring rain."

Yes it is the guitar legend that is satch!!
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
geodude

Post by geodude »

“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good looking bike that George.........and you managed to pull away without poping a wheelie :)

look forward to you updates on ownership........must be nice to have a brand new bike sat in garage, bet you go out to look at it even if you arnt going to go out and ride it :thumbup:
AMcQ
geodude

Post by geodude »

AMCQ46 wrote:Good looking bike that George.........and you managed to pull away without poping a wheelie :)

look forward to you updates on ownership........must be nice to have a brand new bike sat in garage, bet you go out to look at it even if you arnt going to go out and ride it :thumbup:

I dare not even try to pop one at the moment. That'll soon pass though :thumbup:

I am lost for words at the moment. Apart from the wife's CBF125, this is the 1st bike I've bought new. Still in shock. Sad I know but ho hum. As the bike and I get settled, I'll write a few words about how we are getting on. There will no doubt be lots of vids.

As for the garage thing, my garage is just under 1/2 a mile away. So popping out and having a look is a no no. I was in the garage for about 30mins though after putting it away just oogling it!! lol

The Firestorm looks put out. I'm sure it's upset. Its about to get a well earned service and clean though so all should be good. :)
geodude

Post by geodude »

Day One Commute:

Really good ride into work today on the GS even though it was pissing it down.

Good points

Handling: Handles really well. Loving it. Cant wait for the the end of the run in period. Limited to 5.5k RPM until the 1st service.
Fuel efficiency: The gauge was showing 70mpg and 70mph on the flat motorway @ just under 5k rpm in 6th
Heated grips: Hot had them before. Toastie :)
Visibility: Very good visibility over cars even for a short ass like me.

Not so good points

Filtering: Still very good but its a lot wider than the Firestorm and a couple of times I had to wait where the Firestorm could have got through.
Comfort: Not really the bikes fault but after landing on my ass after a fall in August and damaging my coccyx, the seat isn't the most comfortable.
Indicator cancel: The button to cancel the indicators is on the throttle side. If your thumb isn't in the right place to cancel then you may find yourself opening or closing the throttle to turn em off.