New bike, new problems.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: New bike, new problems.

Post by sirch345 »

Ben, I have sent you a PM.

A Scott oiler I guess it's a personal thing, you either like them or don't. I have one on my bike and wouldn't be without it :thumbup:
Stratman is right, they do make the chain and sprockets last longer. They take a bit of fine tunning to get right on set up, and they do need a slight adjusting from summer to winter I find (the oil thickens and vice-versa).

Chris.
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

sirch345 wrote:Ben, I have sent you a PM.

A Scott oiler I guess it's a personal thing, you either like them or don't. I have one on my bike and wouldn't be without it :thumbup:
Stratman is right, they do make the chain and sprockets last longer. They take a bit of fine tunning to get right on set up, and they do need a slight adjusting from summer to winter I find (the oil thickens and vice-versa).

Chris.
if ya didnt know there is a red oil which is thicker for summer use (or is it thinner..whatever), I had nothing but trouble with the oiler spraying oil on the rear tyre, and to e that isnt good, I just give the chain a good old brushing with 90 gear oil takes 2 mins and a good wipe off in the morning, my chains last as long as a scotty bothered one (15k) and I like the smell of gear oil..mmm smells like a con rod factory,.....(used to make em) :lol: :lol: :lol:
She told me she was 16.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Phimosis wrote:
if ya didnt know there is a red oil which is thicker for summer use (or is it thinner..whatever), I had nothing but trouble with the oiler spraying oil on the rear tyre, and to e that isnt good, I just give the chain a good old brushing with 90 gear oil takes 2 mins and a good wipe off in the morning, my chains last as long as a scotty bothered one (15k) and I like the smell of gear oil..mmm smells like a con rod factory,.....(used to make em) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers for that reply, although I did actually know that. For the amount of miles I cover it wouldn't be worth it. It's easier to adjust the Scott Oiler a touch when necessary.

I used to use 140 grade gear oil when you could get it easily on my old GSThou chain.

On my VTR one link in the chain was always stiff (oh err missus :lol: ) from when I first got the bike. Since I fitted the S/Oiler that link freed up.

Chris.