The loud pipes argument

General Bike chat
Virt

Re: The loud pipes argument

Post by Virt »

AMCQ46 wrote:Virt, you are from the velcro generation I doubt you every learned to tie laces
I learnt about 20 seconds ago, had to ask my boss :p
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Re: The loud pipes argument

Post by agentpineapple »

I prefer louder cans myself, having had a very loud exhaust in the past, I can honestly say that in slower moving traffic your more likely to be seen/heard, which is what we all want.
although louder exhausts can become tiresome on longer journeys, I even recommend the use of earplugs, unfortunately in these modern times there are a lot of distractions for motorists, satnav, stereo, mobile phone, in car TV's, the list is endless, drivers just don't pay enough attention to the road. very few of them could describe whats infront or behind them at any given time.... :roll:
also modern cars are so easy to drive, I remember some of the crappy old cars I've driven, you had to concentrate just to keep them in a straight line.... :lol:
now cars virtually drive themselves, you'd think this would give drivers more time to concentrate on whats around them, but oh no, that just means more time for music or phonecalls, or texting, or checking your facebook status whilst driving down the road.... :x
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!