Hello From India

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Wicky

Re: Hello From India

Post by Wicky »

Is there signs that the tank been repaired and resprayed or has the decal been peeled/scraped off - the (aftermarket?) Honda decal on the tank looks like it's been placed in an odd too high up position.

Is the bike an import into India? i.e was it originally sold new in an another country and then later bought in second-hand to India? What documentation came with the bike when you bought it?

Re. restriction. if you look into the carb intake manifolds through the airbox you might see obstructing rings… which depending on the country can drop it down as far as 33bhp, or it could be restricted as IIRC for the Japanese home market by special wiring (DO NOT cut the pink/green wire!) in the speedo cluster that sends a cutoff signal to ECU when it exceeds a certain mph (120mph?). Tinker with it at your own risk.

To know the year of manufacture look at the VIN frame plate code no. > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 57#p243027
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fiero

Post by fiero »

Wicky wrote:Is there signs that the tank been repaired and resprayed or has the decal been peeled/scraped off - the (aftermarket?) Honda decal on the tank looks like it's been placed in an odd too high up position.

Is the bike an import into India? i.e was it originally sold new in an another country and then later bought in second-hand to India? What documentation came with the bike when you bought it?

Re. restriction. if you look into the carb intake manifolds through the airbox you might see obstructing rings… which depending on the country can drop it down as far as 33bhp, or it could be restricted as IIRC for the Japanese home market by special wiring (DO NOT cut the pink/green wire!) in the speedo cluster that sends a cutoff signal to ECU when it exceeds a certain mph (120mph?). Tinker with it at your own risk.

To know the year of manufacture look at the VIN frame plate code no. > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 57#p243027
thank you for explaining things for me, appreciate it.
yes it is an import and no there are no mark of repaint on the tank. will check on the manifold part once i get back home this weekend.
will check the VIN against the link you have provided to get more details.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

The later '01 onwards storms have the Honda flying wing logo on the tank but as you can see it is positioned differently than yours. So highly suspect that someone previously has done 'something' to the tank.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fiero

Post by fiero »

Wicky wrote:The later '01 onwards storms have the Honda flying wing logo on the tank but as you can see it is positioned differently than yours. So highly suspect that someone previously has done 'something' to the tank.

agree
but the paint shade in the tank is matching with other panels perfectly, let me anyway check once again
thank you once again mate