Oulton Park - 6th or 13th August

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

TravisZack

Re: Oulton Park - 6th or 13th August

Post by TravisZack »

Certainly was eventful, the morning was a good opportunity to learn the track at a reduced pace, so at least when it dried out we knew where we were going! The track was great fun and exactly what I was after, plenty of fast flowing corners with some more technical bits thrown in, and a couple of nice undulating wheelie spots for good measure.

Here's our little bunch...

And a vid of my fastest lap. I'll get my excuses in and say that some sections were taken quicker on other laps but I guess this was my best overall effort...

Good to meet you all too :wave:
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Shame about the afternoon, I would have been a bit pissed off if it wasn't for getting to go out with inters and novice after. The chance you take with a trackday I suppose. Is anybody going to try complaining to no limits about the rock up sending the groups out? might get a voucher or something.

Going to try and get another trackday in again, as soon as finances allow!

Great day, good to catch up with you all! :D
caferacerdan

Post by caferacerdan »

Was a good day out and fingers crossed that guy that went off in the helicopter is ok :/

I got some good photos, will play about and edit them tomorrow and try and get a few on here tomorrow night!

oh yer, nice to meet you all too! :p
caferacerdan

Post by caferacerdan »

here as some photos. they arent brilliant! managed to get atleast one of all of you though!

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Good pics everyone. I see Sophia is getter bigger. Not good news about the accident :thumbdown: it would be interesting to hear the outcome of that one.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

caferacerdan wrote:here as some photos. they arent brilliant! managed to get atleast one of all of you though!
Nice one! :thumbup:

Carl, it's been posted on Facebook that they are both "comfortable" and the NoLimits staff are awaiting updates.
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

All the pro pics are up, 3 out of 4 of us even made the covers haha

http://www.alexjamesphoto.com/eventssho ... 4bd8ce087f
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Steve, your knee sliders look like they are above your knee not below it. are you wearing a hole in your leathers?
AMcQ
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Steve, your knee sliders look like they are above your knee not below it. are you wearing a hole in your leathers?

yeh, I need to move them down I think!

tbh, since fitting the blade forks and rearsets I haven't been able to get my knee down. I'm getting the bike over enough. I'm really cramped up somehow. I'm fitting flat bars and moving the rearsets down next. Should give me a bit more room to movr.
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Great photos btw Dan!! Thanks! :thumbup:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Just got round to uploading the video of the last session.

It starts off with the blue storm of Travis in front, then my bro on the silver 636.

I never managed to catch Steve until I pull into the garage at the end :(

[youtube][/youtube]
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

That's cool to see myself riding :thumbup: I definitely took the first two laps easy, knew it was the last session and didn't want to get too excited early on. Still, my knee isn't a million miles away from the ground, I'm almost there!

I would have felt pretty bad doing some of those overtakes, but I guess once you're past you had loads of empty track all to yourself, whereas I tended to stick behind people for longer 'til they left it wide open.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

TravisZack wrote:That's cool to see myself riding :thumbup: I definitely took the first two laps easy, knew it was the last session and didn't want to get too excited early on. Still, my knee isn't a million miles away from the ground, I'm almost there!

I would have felt pretty bad doing some of those overtakes, but I guess once you're past you had loads of empty track all to yourself, whereas I tended to stick behind people for longer 'til they left it wide open.
Doing some of the overtakes I did do you mean?

Lol. I didn't think that they were too bad.

Most people (especially the 2 on rental Smallboy bikes) didn't leave much of a gap at all, and they were fast coming down the straights. I ended up having to do them on the outside of the left hander after start/finish.

I found that during this dry (only dry) session that I was carrying a lot more speed into corners than most people on track, including the ones that had been annihilating me in the wet. I guess it shows just how bad my wet riding is!!
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

Miztaziggy wrote:Lol. I didn't think that they were too bad.
Nah they weren't really, and it's not like you were hanging around by their side, was all good and swift!