Popkat ''The Champ'' @ SNETTERTON. October 11th and 12th.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: Popkat ''The Champ'' @ SNETTERTON. October 11th and 12th

Post by AMCQ46 »

great pictures lads and good riding Malcopop :thumbup:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Had a great day out at the races...

Got a last min txt from Marty just as I was getting ready to leave & arranged a meet up at Brentwood services...A brisk jaunt up the A12 followed by a Macnav failure when a road closure sent us the wrong way...Called up Jamie & arranged to meet at the top of the A12 instead...Marty was fuming as he wanted to meet up with Jamie's mum...who was away anyway... :lol: :lol:

Met up with Jamie as planed mk2...Met Carol & a bit later Magnum showed up with tales of woe of a non starting Storm...

Group decision to head to Cafe for a bit of brekie...

I don't know why Marty is on the wonk...maybe the chair couldn't take it...His grub is yet to turn up for his 2nd face fill of the day.

After the grub off we head to Snett vis the twisties with Magnum taking point...Heading through a small village at a 30 trundle, the car in front of Magnum suddenly hits the breaks...A black cat is then seen rocketing left to right in front of the car no doubt starteled by 4 Storms on open pipes a popping & a banging on the over run...Said cat shoots up a grass bank on our right headlong into a wire fence ! A tripple salco followed by a half nelson with pike he lands scoots off & tries again...& fails again to get through the fence...Black cat crossing your path unlucky ? Well it was for the cat... :lol: :lol:

Any way we gets to Snett, parks up amongst a fine collection of classic bikes...For some strange reason Jamie was a little unimpressed with the RC30 already pictured in this thread...Tsk the youth of today...

It obviously gets used as it was here & it had 11k on the clocks...How clean is that ?

Anyway off we went to find Malc & once located found out that due to earlier fog he had been standing around all morning twiddling his thumbs...

3 races to compete in later that PM. Tales of woe with a collapsing rear hub/sprocket carrier the day before meant he would be starting last on the grid for his first race ...but on Pole for the second.

The champion winning Kat c/w forum donated prizes...Malc chose Fruit Pastilles btw...

Anyway after a bit we wandered off to watch some racing & bumped into Mick Jagger...
''& then I said to Keef, pass us that bong mate before Brian gets hold of it...''

Nurse pass the tiss...oooops too late...

Then the races...Malc's first run was in the Superbike race & from the back of the grid he got up to 5th on the road & won his class... :clap: :clap:

A quick turn around, dash of fuel & a wipe down with an oily rag & straight out for the production race...Leading from pole to the win ! :clap: :clap:

A good dice with the 600's.

That was it for us as the youngsters wanted to get home before dark... :lol:

So off we head me & Marty hit about 10 miles of roadworks on the A11 costing us dearly with about 30 mins delay...

When I peeled off the M11 to join the M25 it was still dry...by J28 it had started spitting by J30 I was soaked...The rain wasn't that heavy but the spray was shite...proper wet by the time I got in...damm you road works damm you...Still at least I had the proper gear on eh Marty...how did the Hawaiian shirt hold up ? Put the bike away stripped off me wet gear & left the jacket to drip dry...Even me phone had water in it so I couldn't get me pic's out last night hence only posting this now...over night in a bag of rice did the trick... :thumbup:

All in all another good day...Great ride, great company, great racing...Another good reason to be part of this forum...Anyone got any tips on drying out wet kit ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice write up Mac :thumbup:

I see you found another Virt, and Marty had his copping off shirt on in the hope of meeting Jamies mum :lol:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Marty you is looking ripped dude, cut to shreds! How do you maintain that 48 pack?? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I had to laugh tho, whilst following mac thru the 10 mile or so of filtering, I got held up by a lady in a rather nice car, she had come to a stop most of the way to the right of the lane, meaning I couldn't squeeze thru, even though my exhaust is ferking loud, so I stopped just short of her drivers mirror and revved the bike to 7k, why did I do this you ask, because she was so engrossed in texting on her smart phone she didn't even know I was there.... :eek2
the end result was that she was so startled when I revved the bike, her phone flew out of her hand and landed in the passenger foot well...... :lol:
on the whole most of the other motorists kindly moved aside. the worst bit of the day was hitting 4 miles of 15mph flitering as the blackwall tunnel traffic backed up all the way to the north circular, I didn't help that I was cold, wet, it was dark and the silly cagers of central London wanted to kill me.
I still had a wicked day, and if your wondering in amazement why I was wearing a such a beautiful shirt, it was because i'd stayed over a friends the night before and it was a spur of the moment decision to go to snett, the upshot was no wet weather or winter weather gear, it was ferking freezing at 8am on sunday.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Marty you is looking ripped dude, cut to shreds! How do you maintain that 48 pack?? :lol:
it ain't easy mate, the secret is lots of pie's........ :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

Cracking write up Mac, not really a lot I can add, Sprocket carrier bearing was fixed with some jb weld, the oil leak from the genny cover I just had to keep cleaning off as it was spraying all over my boot and gear pedal during a race, that's 3 new gaskets now and it still leaks, must be the casing that's the problem.

Sundays races were "race of the year" for each class, these are longer races with trophies, laurels and you stand on the podium. due to fog the racing was held up for 3 hours, they managed to get all races in but shortened them by a couple of laps, I didn't go out in my last race as my three races were one after the other, I would have been back of the grid as I didn't put a qualify time in due to fixing the bike on Saturday, it was an all comers race so no chance of glory anyway, I chose to just do the 2 classes I've done all season.

That's it now for the season and for the Katana, it's been a hard bike to ride, like nothing I've ridden before, it has been rewarding at times though and bought me two championships. I've no plans for next year as I have no money, anything can happen over the winter so we'll see what if anything turns up but I know that if I'm out next year it will have to be on a bike that handles well and has brakes that work :lol: something a bit different would be good, if not then I might try and rebuild my XJ600 and just do a couple of rounds for fun...Brands and Lydden sound good...

Jamie sort it out mate 8O how can you not love and RC30 :Shrug: I really wish I could borrow a delorian and nip back to buy one about 15 years ago when they were a lot cheaper (not cheap, just cheaper). I got to ride one once, bloody lovely :)
Last edited by popkat on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
popkat

Post by popkat »

Oh and thanks for coming up guys, was good to see you all again :thumbup: Fruit pastels and Jaffa cakes appreciated too :D
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

the end result was that she was so startled when I revved the bike, her phone flew out of her hand and landed in the passenger foot well...... :lol:
I'm not one to say don't do this or that when driving as long as the driver is still capable of driving and being aware of their surroundings, but as she was unaware of her surroundings she deserved everything she got.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

''Jamie sort it out mate 8O how can you not love and RC30 :Shrug: I really wish I could borrow a delorian and nip back to buy one about 15 years ago when they were a lot cheaper (not cheap, just cheaper). I got to ride one once, bloody lovely :)''

He's just a pup Malc ignore him...I think he was put off by the headlights looking too old school...Lets face it he was only about 2 when they were new, probably was more interested in cabbage patch dolls or some such.

I was working in a bike shop at the time & had the pleasure of un-crateing one, even the tool kit was a work of art...we got in an OW-O1 at the same time, the difference in build quality was amazing...The Yam looked half finished up against the RC...but even that was better than the standard road bikes in the shop...IIRC at the time the RC was 10k...the FZR1000/GSXR11 ect were around the 5/6k mark...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Well done Malc Bob right result fella :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the rc30 was the best bike there for me, not 20ft away was a panagalie. it didn't get a quarter of the attention that the rc30 got. absolutely stunning bike..... :thumbup:
Mac....how did you rate my overtake of that lorry in the traffic on the A11???
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:the rc30 was the best bike there for me, not 20ft away was a panagalie. it didn't get a quarter of the attention that the rc30 got. absolutely stunning bike..... :thumbup:
Crazy bordering on psychopathic... Esp as you had to swerve to miss that road sign... :crazy:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MacV2 wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:the rc30 was the best bike there for me, not 20ft away was a panagalie. it didn't get a quarter of the attention that the rc30 got. absolutely stunning bike..... :thumbup:
Crazy bordering on psychopathic... Esp as you had to swerve to miss that road sign... :crazy:
yeah but you followed me.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Calm down you lot! :lol:

The RC30 is obviously a nice looking bike and is surrounded by lots of history, racing pedigree, rarity etc etc.... But I believe the conversation held at Snetty over a tepid coffee was based on the RC30's value compared with a modern bike, I'd rather spend 20k on a cutting edge sportsbike and ride it all the time than an RC30 which would get ridden twice a year to a classic bike meet, cos' I haven't got them rose tinted specs of yester year's homologation bikes (when I were a lad and fought in WW1 etc) :lol:

So you can keep ya polished appreciating classic and I'll take the keys to that 1199 panigale over there please mista!

On that rose tinted note, I wonder if there will be bikes I'll look back at and think "I wish I'd bought one of those and tucked it away under a sheet" ? What do you think could be a future classic from the current crop of new bikes?
Jamie :wave: