Waco shootout...

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

Re: Waco shootout...

Post by StormingHonda »

Big_Jim59 wrote:Yes, I can verify that Texas women love a Scottish accent. I used to play in a pipe band, many moons ago, and saw this first hand. (or maybe it is big man in kilts?)

Also, in America, if you have an English accent (BBC type) you will get an automatic 20 point rise in your perceived IQ.

It's funny but there is a not a lot of road rage in Texas even with the large number of weapons floating around. I can't tell you why exactly but my theory is that when everyone is armed and equal it makes for more polite conversations. It is the true lunatic with a gun that you have to worry about and those types will get weapons whether they are legal or not.

If you want to come to Texas by all means come. This is a friendly, open part of the US and people here will treat you special, if they know you are from out of state. (Especially if you lay the accent on thick.) If you want to make the trip, I have a guest room (with a bath) free for the asking and a newly built Fire Storm you can ride. North Texas is not the most scenic but we do have some nice bits. We are a days ride from the Hill Country and the Twisted Sisters (a ride like no other) is doable in a weekend. You Aussies might be a bit miffed because they will mistake you for Brits.
Quite a few years ago when chat rooms were everywhere an American women asked if some Englishmen would join her in a chat video room to speak to her, once in the room she chatted to us, she wasn't half bad looking, all we saw was her face, it got spooky when she said she loved to hear the English accent and she was clearly helping herself get off whilst talking to us ( we didn't see that but it was quite clear ), feeling violated I left the chat room :lol:
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

Texas is not usually like this and I am a bit embarrassed that this took place in my home town.

http://news.yahoo.com/shots-fired-van-n ... lYwNzcg--#
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Big_Jim59 wrote:Texas is not usually like this and I am a bit embarrassed that this took place in my home town.

http://news.yahoo.com/shots-fired-van-n ... lYwNzcg--#
terrible :(

this one as well

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi ... rse.572257

I do have trouble with people being allowed to carry lethal weapons about when I read this sort of thing?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Clement Freud, lugubrious UK comic, would do ok with the old English accent in Texas, then, telling jokes to the girls in the bar...
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

:clap:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chaos.html
Police arrived on the scene less than a minute after the violence erupted, and took away 12 long guns, 133 handguns and found 44 shell casings.
Just 12 of those casings were from members of the police department.
In total, 480 weapons were found at the restaurant and bar.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the most important part of that news report, was the barmaid running..... :lol:
crazy sh1t tho, and jesus the amount of weapons.
8-1 to the bandido's
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

Update: FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - Evidence shows four of the nine people killed in a melee between rival biker gangs outside a Texas restaurant were struck by the same caliber of rifle fired by Waco police. The latest trove of potential grand jury evidence obtained by The Associated Press provides the most insight yet into whether authorities were responsible for any deaths. Extensive audio, footage and documents depict a bloody scene on May 17. Ballistics reports show four of the dead were shot by .223-caliber rifles - the only type of weapon fired by police. Two had wounds from only that kind of rifle; the other two were also struck by other guns. The five other bodies only had wounds from other guns. It's not clear whether any bikers had .223-caliber rifles.

I am adding that the .223 round in question is chambered by a military style Colt AR15 and this was, more than likely, carried by the cops. I think something really tragic, stupid and nasty went down in Waco and it wasn't what the press reported.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach