tiscali is shite!

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Ian,
I'm with Wanadoo (£17.99 per month, with 1meg d/load speed and 2G usage limit) at the moment, contract ends Feb 06, I really need a less expensive ISP but after hearing all these problems with different ISP's I'm a bit loath to change :!: I must say Wanadoo IMO give a pretty good service, as yourself I was on dial-up with them before I progressed to broadband. The only time I have noticed a slow down is usually around 1pm, thats probably when all the American Wanadoo users start work :roll:

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Try Virgin, i've been with them a year now, no contract, cheepest B/band starts at £14.99 (i think) and had no problems what so ever.
Thumbs up from me

Pete.l
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTR1000KAZ wrote: I decided to ring Tiscali.
I told then how crap there service was. he wanted me to ruin a ispconnect speed check. I ran it 4 times, and each time it came back with a totally different and random speed!!!!
I had been thinking that checking your broadband speed might be a good idea, especially when things are going slow, but you beat me to it :!:

I have the 1meg download speed (I think you are on the 2meg download speed when its working properly) I tested mine earlier this week and these were the results:-

Actual speed downstream 944Kbps (118.0 KB/sec)
Actual speed upstream 242Kbps ( 30.3 KB/sec)

Those speeds are pretty reasonable.
How does that compair with your best speed :?:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:thats miles better than what we've ever had Chris.

think the best we've ever seen is about 273kbps.... worst is 87kbps
No wonder you're not a happy bunny, Kaz :!:

Chris.