what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

gave storm a good run 90 odd mile
Nice one Tony a bit of feel good factor. :thumbup:

Been out buffing up by fazer bodywork again. It's bloody hard going and my shoulder is aching from holding the drill. It's awkward cause I can't hold the panels and buff at the same time. So applying pressure is difficult. Not long now and they will be back on the bike. :)

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

TonyW650 wrote:Oiled the chain, checked the oil, started it up first time for 2 months, took a bit of poking to get it to fire up on both, left it ticking over for half out and then decided oh baldrocks bad back or not I needed out the house, having had my girl friend move to Wales to look after her son because her ex husband is possibly dyeing and thats where they live.
with that going on and the unrelenting back ache and knee pain I needed out.
gave storm a good run 90 odd mile and I'm now in TOTAL AGONY, such is life
well done fella, i understand where your coming from, i bet you were smiling thru the pain..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lanny

Post by lanny »

Picked up my refurbished forks today - new hyperpro springs,seals and oil, looking at them you see nothing but the feeling you get knowing whats been done has you feeling a little smug :D
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
TonyW650 wrote:Oiled the chain, checked the oil, started it up first time for 2 months, took a bit of poking to get it to fire up on both, left it ticking over for half out and then decided oh baldrocks bad back or not I needed out the house, having had my girl friend move to Wales to look after her son because her ex husband is possibly dyeing and thats where they live.
with that going on and the unrelenting back ache and knee pain I needed out.
gave storm a good run 90 odd mile and I'm now in TOTAL AGONY, such is life
well done fella, i understand where your coming from, i bet you were smiling thru the pain..... :thumbup:
trying to but in agony and it dont want to go away, right leg aint working properly
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

trying to but in agony and it dont want to go away, right leg aint working properly
Time for pain killers then, and a beer to wash them down (double the effect) :wink: and settle down in front of the tele and chill for the night then. Knock yourself out and have a good nights rest mate. Tomorrows another day. :thumbup:

Lanny you must be well happy with the forks. It should be a vast improvement. :thumbup:

TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

I wish carl got to much crap going on and to much to think about
seb421

Post by seb421 »

quick clean at 2:30am then took the front pads out to inspect, cleaned them up, re copper greased them and put them back in

Bloody impressed with these brembo pads i fitted end of april / early may, still got loads left on them, which is saying something considering you get them with bugger all to start with lol, normally would have wasted a normal economy priced pair of pads by now

Better braking and longer pad life, will be getting brembo pads again :thumbup: (the red ones)

Also those Kagizume Wavey Discs are still the business and straight as the first day :thumbup:

fitted Carbon fibre engine covers as well other day

need new C&S as the sprockets are looking a bit worn out now, might get a supersprox one i think

Going to order some new bar ends as these look shabby with all the paint worn off them where my glove rubs them
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

brembo pads i fitted end of april / early may, still got loads left on them
I should bloody well hope so for the price. The only downside to them, because there is so little meat on them, it's hard to do a visual check for wear by looking along down the calliper while still they are a still mounted to the bike.

My bike needs a quick wash. Just waiting on two wash buckets, grit guards and wash mitt to turn up. Got myself some 3M car shampoo the other day that wont strip and previous coatings off the bike.

chric

Post by chric »

cybercarl wrote:
brembo pads i fitted end of april / early may, still got loads left on them
I should bloody well hope so for the price. The only downside to them, because there is so little meat on them, it's hard to do a visual check for wear by looking along down the calliper while still they are a still mounted to the bike.

My bike needs a quick wash. Just waiting on two wash buckets, grit guards and wash mitt to turn up. Got myself some 3M car shampoo the other day that wont strip and previous coatings off the bike.

where you get them from?
seems like your going full hog now :thumbup:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I got this bucket package turning up http://www.pridenjoyvalet.co.uk/webshop ... wash-aids/

The 3M shampoo I got from i4detailing when I ordered the Merzerna samples. I'm researching glazes at the moment. Thinking about getting some Prima Amigo and then I will be putting the Dodo Carnauba on top.

Got to get out and do some buffing/polishing today while the sun is out :thumbup:

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:I got this bucket package turning up http://www.pridenjoyvalet.co.uk/webshop ... wash-aids/

The 3M shampoo I got from i4detailing when I ordered the Merzerna samples. I'm researching glazes at the moment. Thinking about getting some Prima Amigo and then I will be putting the Dodo Carnauba on top.

Got to get out and do some buffing/polishing today while the sun is out :thumbup:

don't you think you should rub some rubber onto your front tyre first, its almost as shiny as your bike..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chric

Post by chric »

Dont bother with dodo there normal waxes are crap only there pro and supernatural are any good your finis wax way out shines it :thumbup:

these are only traders i use
http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/

http://www.shinearama.co.uk/

got discount codes for them aswell :thumbup:

And the big autosmart wagon
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's the supernatural I got. I bought a small sample size. I was thinking because it's got such a high Carnauba content it would be good as a base wax on top of the glaze. Ideally I would like to put some C Quarz on first but that will have to wait until the paint has has some serious settling in first. I don't want to seal it completely yet.

I ran out of the Menzerna Power Gloss PO S100 sample yesterday. Seriously good stuff but needs my drill to be used on it with some pressure which is not easy on loose panels and I have only got two hands. Hard work to apply. So I went out and got some Halfords rubbing compound which after reading some reviews on it, turns out it is similar to the Farecla G3. I have got to say I am mighty impressed with it, it's very good stuff, quite aggressive and easy to apply. The only downside to it is that it's a bit messy to work with compared the the Menzerna because of the water being applied to it. I have used it with the drill and it's just as good being applied by hand, and it's cheap. :thumbup: I would recommend it to people who want to rub down freshly coated paint.

Chris what do you think of the Prima Amigo? I want a glaze with some filling properties.

OK lunch break over, got to do some more work.

chric

Post by chric »

yeah i know spoony uses it alot on dw and seems to reckon its good trying to find a email i had about glazes but cant find it ill get them to resend it :thumbup:
lanny

Post by lanny »

Tidied the front wheel, disc and bearing. :D