a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
freeridenick

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by freeridenick »

Because I have to watch the needle go in - what mods has the engine had?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

oh the number plate i just stuck on to go round the block with,,

i last seen the bike about two years ago at a track day but just thought it was a scruffy track vtr.. i do rem him near tearing my panels off my bike when he passed me down the straights tho..........lady luck works in strange ways.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote:Because I have to watch the needle go in - what mods has the engine had?
im just waiting on Roger whos gona give me a call during the week to confirm what went into it.... whatevers in it , it near tore my paintwork of at a track i seen it at....
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

fabiostar wrote:
freeridenick wrote:Because I have to watch the needle go in - what mods has the engine had?
im just waiting on Roger whos gona give me a call during the week to confirm what went into it.... whatevers in it , it near tore my paintwork of at a track i seen it at....
:Ball Kick: :wink:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Luck and a lot of chasing round and talking to folk... You hit the jackpot there Rob :thumbup:

Still don't think it is worth missing Scotland trip for :lol:
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

fabiostar wrote:pete im stunned i really am. thats why i cant go to scotland.. piggy banks empty..
Well that's a better reason than all that mystery you put on the post. Thought you having a coronary or something or something nasty. Instead, you are sat there with an ever lasting hard on and a smile on your face a mile wide :beer:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Wow. Great find Rob. :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Pete.L wrote:
fabiostar wrote:pete im stunned i really am. thats why i cant go to scotland.. piggy banks empty..
Well that's a better reason than all that mystery you put on the post. Thought you having a coronary or something or something nasty. Instead, you are sat there with an ever lasting hard on and a smile on your face a mile wide :beer:
i had to wait until the deal was done and i had it in my hands before saying.

now iv had a better peep at it. looking down through the carbs theres some serious looking porting has went on..so to good to miss the chance i put some air in the tyres. and took it a we blip to see if id notice any difference form the other two.... :eek2 :eek2 yes. well what im saying is. holy fuk what a difference...revs a tad faster than my own lol...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now that is is superb :thumbup: I wouldn't use that frame though. Just stick the engine in the Spondon along with the Ohlins shock and Rogered Forks. I'm not even sure you should use that swingarm....you can sell that to me :biggrin Seriously though will that swingarm fit onto the spondon ears? You could put it on the Yellow one and then knock this one up as a race bike with standard engine to sell and recoup some of the funds spent and clear some space in the garage.

What's really cool is that you have pretty much got a good Mori VTR and keeping them going so they don't disappear into some garage and buried in bits for someone to find as a garage find one day. I wonder if you have Mori carbs on that engine. What is strange is that it has MCCT's as Rogers Mori engines usually have originals or at least stop modded.
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

So glad to jump into this conversation as part owner of this moriwaki beast.... :lol: sorry had to say that Rob

Turns out my blue one is going to have a special frame along with an excellent condition ohlins shock!

The headers on the bike are also quite different in their shape. Rob is like a cat looking for a mouse. Northern Ireland is a small place but somehow he's managed to track down a lot of history.

Well done that man!

As a result of knowing him I have ended up a very lucky fella.

Just need to hunt down another mori engine somehow!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i knew you were busting lol...

the plan is.... the mori motor into the spondon with its bits and bobs to make it run. the swinger into the yellow bike and Robs gona re frame his bike into the mori frame... and as carl said some Richard doesnt get to tuck them away and never been seen again. it was always the motor i was chasing for the spondon..

and the manuals as you say carl, they were spec'd by the guy who owned it before me when it was at Rogers place.

so alls good in the hood as they say.. i could have held onto it and started another build but the blue bikes my baby and the engine completes that build. and stormyrob by this time was a drooling mess..
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote:Image

and still i cant believe this has happened. roger forks. ohlins rear. blah blah blah...im gona wake up shortly and it will be a lovely dream
Wow wow and double wow what an amazing find 8) 8) well done Fabio :clap: I can see why you're more than a little excited :D and StormyRob :thumbup:

Chris.
eezee29

Post by eezee29 »

i can only gawk in awe and grin with envy lol...awesome find m8 :biggrin
trying very hard to get over the 50 posts hurdle :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done Fab, nice to see a happy ending
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Well done both of you .