Whats cheered you up today...?

General Biker Banter
Jazzscot

Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by Jazzscot »

Good stuff Ginger man.

I did the bikesafe course a couple of years or so ago with the local plod.

I still get a wave from them when they see me out and about.

They are decent blokes actually but I guess they have a job to do when required.

Great to hear that you have still got it my man! :thumbup:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Jazzscot wrote:Good stuff Ginger man. They are decent blokes actually but I guess they have a job to do when required. Great to hear that you have still got it my man! :thumbup:
LOL! :lol: There's you coming back with the "good stuff". (I always hear it as "get stuffed!) And when people ask me "are you for coffee?" I say "But I've only just got here...." (thinking they've said: "you f**k off eh?") :lol:

Anyhoo - you make a point that I tell myself a lot too - that the Scottish plod are a good bunch (usually), and up here, a lot of them are into their bikes. But, do something wrong and they'll throw the book at you, or pin you to the ground with the cuffs and pepper spray if they need to. Like you say, they have a job to do. And some in that job can be very "forgiving"....

Boring story No. 226

I was playing "chase" with a copper quite a few months ago. I saw him coming up behind me, (so pulled over a bit). He overtook me with the blue lights and sirens going, and then I thought "Hmmmm...I wonder if I can keep up with him...after all, he can't pull me over cos he's in front..." Never thought of the legalities of the situation.

So, as he was belting along at almost the ton in places, I was right behind him (safe distance), having fun cutting corners and as other cars pulled out of the way for him, I sailed past as if attached with string! Getting a trouble free and fast run home. :lol: :twisted:

He was about 3 miles out of Banff when the blue lights went off and the siren switched off. He dropped back to 55-60. As did I. I assumed his call was cancelled.

End result was I headed up the street to my house, and he was in front, heading to the police station (not even 100 yards from my front door). He got there the same time as me, and as he was reversing the car into the station, he waved at me as I passed, knowing it was me behind him all that way.

Was half expecting a knock at the door, or the van to pull up later with "words of advice", but nothing happened. 8O :P

I don't know how that would sit in Court, getting pulled over for something stupid, or riding like an butt. They'd be well within their rights to say "You should know better, and are a disgrace to everything the Advance Motorist and Blue Riband stand for". It would be a shame to lose it or have it "stripped away" via my own stupidity. Although I do have my "silly moments", I do drive sensibly (85/15), and take a bit of pride in my riding.

Having the Firestorm probably doesn't help promote biking to non riders. All they hear as I pass are bl00dy loud cans. So, they will automatically think: "look at this...another noisy bl00dy biker tearing up the road...yarking it into corners, crossing the white line and overtaking everything in sight etc.... But, they're not to know it's being done properly and legally. I'm just another Organ Donor as far as they're concerned.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Knowing that GBM is still continuing to write shed loads of stuff, Something in my life is consistent at last. :lol: Feck me you can write ! change your Avitar to a picture of Charles Richard
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Having the week off work after a weekend of biking.. :D
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

'' All they hear as I pass are bl00dy loud cans. So, they will automatically think: "look at this...another noisy bl00dy biker tearing up the road...yarking it into corners, crossing the white line and overtaking everything in sight etc....''

I didn't realise you were in Wales with us... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TheGingerBeardMan

bigtwinthing wrote:Knowing that GBM is still continuing to write shed loads of stuff, Something in my life is consistent at last. :lol:
Was that shedloads? (*coughs) Erm,....you got the condensed version there BTT! :lol: (Ok, who just said "well...he got the dense part right?)

Still, it gives you something other than the Womans Weekly or Radio Times. :lol:

I think you should all be relieved I can't post up personal pictures! If I could, then my guess is you'd all form a "pitchfork n' flaming torch party" and hunt me down.

:Show elbow:

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Gingers for Justice, Great skit did you see it.
TheGingerBeardMan

Nope! I haven't seen that. But, with a title such as "Gingers for Justice", it sounds interesting to say the least! :lol:

Now I gonna search the youtube for it. :thumbup:

EDIT: LOL! - Just found it! (I assume it's the same one) Catherine Tate. Excellent. :clap:

And SO true. :(
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Catherine Tate.
TheGingerBeardMan

Dang! - sorry - we both posted at the same time (editied mine to say found it!)

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i ate 1 in 1975 and still love her!
TheGingerBeardMan

There was a guy last year from Aberdeen, who made up a "Ginger Discount" card, and used it in shops. The card was fake, but some shops let him use it!!!

Then, the Aberdeen shopping complex jumped on the wagon, and opened their shops for the weekend giving discounts to ginger people.

But, even then, "non-gingers" complained they were "missing out", so the offer had to be changed to "even if you wear a ginger wig".

Which to me, was taking the micky out of our Species again, and it could have been a good thing happen. Instead, it was spoilt by black haired folk and brunette/blonds turning up claiming discount and wearing a "see you jimmy" wig. By Christ that made me angry! It's true we are quick tempered, and I showed it that day.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-08- ... t-weekend/

Virt

Post by Virt »

I was confused by your post..

I have just realised your username is TheGingerBeardMan and not TheGingerBreadMan.. so much makes sense now... according to one of my ginger friends there used to be a 'kick a ginger day' when he was at school. It takes the piss, why does peoples appearance matter so much to anyone? I don't see Zebra's bullying each other over their stripes position/size..

People are Richard.

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
TheGingerBeardMan

Virt wrote:I have just realised your username is TheGingerBeardMan and not TheGingerBreadMan.. so much makes sense now...
Yes indeed, people can be Richard. I got the 7 colours of sh1te kicked out of me on a regular basis growing up. And as I didn't ask to be born with this hideous affliction, I took resentment to it - in an aggressive way! I know most folk (who are not redheads) just see it as an everyday joke, but it's actually pretty darn serious. Infact, some people say it's got almost the same type of prejudice as people hold for black folk. It's got way out of control, and people just laugh it off "ach, I was only kidding" etc.

But, I ain't bothered one bit about it now though. As I've grown up, I have developed a skin thicker than a rhinos butt. I can laugh at myself.

Back to the username. Yup gingerBEARD man, not ginger bread. :P

Called that (for obvious reasons), but also 'cos of my desire for sometimes riding at warp factor speeds, and it's a turn on the gingerbread man saying.

He said "run, run, as fast as you can...you can't catch me, I'm the ginger-bread man"

I changed it to: Ride, ride, as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the ginger beard man."

S'all good! Pukka. Cushty. No worries!

I have even been shouted at in the street in recent times "HEY OMAR!"

For those not familiar with the news - This is "Omar" (the Chechan). And if you put a pair o specs on him and sit his butt on a VTR, well...he's one scary bloke....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :Beer Popcorn:

TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

Took the VTR over to Bruges this weekend after a quick stop in Wales to propose to my girlfriend.
She said yes, we had a blast on the bike and drank lots of Belgian beer. Win :thumbup: