Meet & Ride - 6th July - Tamworth to Aberystwyth

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

geodude

Re: Meet & Ride - 6th July - Tamworth to Aberystwyth

Post by geodude »

The awesome help

Starting off with Ady. He watched me fall off and then did everything he could to help. Cheers matey :thumbup: It was quite the adventure that day and I couldn't have spent it with a nicer chap. 8)

Neil and Will for riding up from Rhayader to Crossgates to lend a hand. Cheers for the water Neil :thumbup: Thanks for all the effort to try and get it sorted at the Crossgates Texaco. My mother in law says thanks for the cling film Will. lol

A big special thanks to Graham at G sport. A welsh rally support team that helps make youngsters into rally stars. They just happened by the Texaco and came over and had a look. I explained what happened and the looked at our handy work and said "That wont work, pop it along to our workshop and we'll sort it for you" We followed them a few miles down the road, up a track onto a farm to their workshop. It had an amazing looking rally car propped up in it and another race car in bits. Anyways, they grabbed a t-piece they use for their braking systems, modified it by drilling it out to make it bigger. Fitted it on the bike and bob's your uncle. Sorted.

We went back to the Texaco, stopped off to check it. I then used the jetwash to get the coolant off it and we set off back to the midland.

How lucky was that?
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
darkember

Post by darkember »

Great news m8 :thumbup: :thumbup:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

The main thing is you're OK.

When I have fallen off there are so many what ifs, like if it was a left hander and oncoming cars etc, so always glad that it worked out much better than it could have been.

As for gravel, well, firstly what a shite way to resurface the roads. It's a cheap alternative to doing it properly that lasts a fraction of the time and causes accidents every time they do it.

But hey, it's a public sector organisation, so why do it right when you can do it cheap, do it twice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I know that cattle grid... Normally come at it in the opposite direction but with that much gravel that could have been a bit iffy as well.

Glad the bike survived so well and you all in working order
AMcQ
geodude

Post by geodude »

AMCQ46 wrote:I know that cattle grid... Normally come at it in the opposite direction but with that much gravel that could have been a bit iffy as well.

Glad the bike survived so well and you all in working order
Thanks. We went back that way. Needless to say we were not as progressive on the second passing. :P
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
geodude

Post by geodude »

Oh and I'm not pissed off about the poor turn out. I was going out for a ride anyways. It would have been nice to see a few more of you though as I don't get up that way often enough :cool2
geodude

Post by geodude »

Oh and I forgot to mention, I was wearing my leathers :thumbup: . If I wasn't, I'm sure i'd be in a whole world of hurt right now. :eek2
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

geodude wrote:Oh and I forgot to mention, I was wearing my leathers :thumbup: . If I wasn't, I'm sure i'd be in a whole world of hurt right now. :eek2
As opposed to textiles?

You think textiles would have been THAT much worse?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
geodude

Post by geodude »

Miztaziggy wrote: You think textiles would have been THAT much worse?
Yes without a doubt. Having come off with both now at similar speeds, leathers for the win.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wow you head done that to the screen 8O 8O You got off lightly there and as Ziggy said the main thing is you where not injured....physically anyway. And how nice of the Welsh chaps to lend a hand with the patch up. :clap: :clap: I wonder if Murry knows them as he's got into to a bit of Rallying. I think your crash bungs done a good job there also.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside