Gutted :(

General Bike chat
marravtr

Re: Gutted :(

Post by marravtr »

good luck with it matey! dont sell much on fleabay anymore, more hassell than its worth........
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
custard

Post by custard »

I wont be using eBay again after this. It's aggro but I like watching the auction and the fact that you can actually write a decent descriptive ad!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Shite luck mate, lets hope it goes to someone for good money and soon. I have bought and sold a lot on eblag, some you win some you lose. Moral of the story is do not bloody rely on it :evil:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
WireWalker

Post by WireWalker »

Sorry to hear about your troubles Custard, I get the impression you only recently got the SP2 so it must be a real downturn in your circumstances to lead to punting it on ebay. I ebay a bit myself and I know it's no consolation but there are some genuine buyers out there, though since last year there are an incredible amount of bikes that appear to sell for a good price only to return for another couple of bites at the cherry. I had a similar issue earlier this year with a YZF1000R, twice it was won by people who didn't even bother getting in touch.

The advice about Gumtree and Pistonheads is sound, I'm in the market for one myself though I'd prefer the '05 model and I think you're very far away from where I am.

I hope things sort out soon for you and you get what you need from the sale.
"The future is Orange"
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm sorry too hear about this too Custard :!: How bl**dy annoying for sure,

chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Bugger.
Just when things looked as though they were working out for you.

Contact the idiot after you've sold it for real and tell him it went to a third bidder for £2500.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
custard

Post by custard »

Hahha yeah that'll gut him!
custard

Post by custard »

Well, I had no luck thru eBay, but thankfully someone should be arriving from Stroud in 2 hours to look at the sp2. I had it advertised for 4750, but have just noticed a small crack by the seat. How much should I allow for this if he notices?
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

custard wrote:Well, I had no luck thru eBay, but thankfully someone should be arriving from Stroud in 2 hours to look at the sp2. I had it advertised for 4750, but have just noticed a small crack by the seat. How much should I allow for this if he notices?
If he notices it :angel: Good luck mate, if its a straight bike you should sell it easily enough. They are pretty hard to get hold of.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
custard

Post by custard »

Yeah the bikes straight enough. I guess I'll just play it by ear
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Good luck mate, hope you get the sale! I have someone coming to look at the TL this afternoon too so fingers crossed for me too please!
custard

Post by custard »

It sold. £4600 :D
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:Woohoo1: Nice one Custard.
SP1's rock!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

That is a result mate! Tidy profit for a few weeks' work!

Mark
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:clap:
Well done That'll keep the bailiffs away for a little longer. Hope it all works out

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal