Storm gathering.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

simon t

Post by simon t »

Oi, southern softies. Coalville's in the Midlands, that is the MIDDLE of the country. It is therefore the ideal location for a national meet. Don't mind regional ride outs, (I'm up for any) but let's see if we can't do one big national meet once a year, rather than splitting our numbers. Anyway we're only a tankful north of London. Come on up, or you'll forever be branded southern jessies. :lol:

Simon (born: Welwyn Garden City) :oops:
MDJ

Yes whatever...

Post by MDJ »

Na... Anything north of Watford is North...
If it wasn't in the evening and my rear tyre have a slow puncture I might come up.. Might be working in Coventry soon for a week so that'll be handy...
Next month I should be more up for such antics as sitting on M1 for an hour and a half.... :)
tony.wilde1

meet.

Post by tony.wilde1 »

this southern meet was just an interim while a real meet is being organised.got a mate in derby.so thats all sorted .just say when and im up for a meet up north.well midlands then.cheers
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Had a run out to the vic last night and met up with Simon t and eggshellblonde, realy good venue and had a chat about he run out on the sunday. Realy cool place and think that it would be great to see as many of you guy's as possible and drink a few beers and talk bollox for the evening. So who's up for it????. For those who don't fancy the idea of camping there is a hotel right next door which we can let you know the details of if interested. So come on let get organised!!!!!!

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ya Buggers!
I'd have come up and joined you but I'm working in Tennesee as I write
Glad you all enjoyed it.
Hotel sounds good, my old bones prefere comfort these days whenever I can get it.
Can you post me the details please and I'll look into it.

Pete.l
tattie

Post by tattie »

Iggy. The hotel sounds better as knowing my luck it will p--s rain all the way down from up here. Nothing worse than putting up a tent in the rain, apart from climbing in to one at 1.30 in the morning with a good cargo on board.

Any details on the tel no or web site add of the hotel ?

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
curly

Post by curly »

Hi,
Anybody decided on a date yet? I might have to get the time off work, hotel sounds good as well, i like a nice bed after a few beers!

Curly.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

I'm In, but need to Know the dates.......anyone up for meeting to ride there from east yorks area.......well ,
Hull.......Humber Bridge ?
Paul.
simon t

Post by simon t »

Hi everybody.

I'm tempted to nominate the weekend of 26/7 June. The early June dates are a bit close to TT week and although it would be a good bragging opportunity - "there I was, on the Mountain, nothing on the clock but the makers name, blah blah" - taking a week off followed by a weekend might be pushing it with other halves. :roll:

I'll get hold of a listing of hotels, b&b etc within staggering distance and post it here shortly.

Simon
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

once you have sorted out and fixed a date, remember and post the details on the vtr list & also on the vtr page on mcn, to gain as wide coverage as possible
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

The weekend of the 26/27 works for me.

:lol:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

I'm in for that. :D
Place'll be alive the Post TT weekend , coppers & race goers etc
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly
simon t

Post by simon t »

OK. Weekend of 26/27 June it is then. :D Start signing up now so that we have an idea of numbers.

For those coming on the Saturday there is camping available. As promised find below a list of local accomodation. Be warned that only the Hermitage Park Hotel and Broadlawns guest house are within staggering distance of the Vic!!!

http://www.visitheartofengland.com/acco ... &M_Rating=
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

storm gathering.......looks like a goer..........Have just requested weekend off june 26/27 So I'll be coming from Hull, East Yorkshire, Setting off from the Humber Bridge car par (North Bank).
Plan to come Sat and Camp overnight.

If anyones coming past my area or wants to meet up on motorway etc let me know. Not too bothered what time to set off.......

STORM GATHERING ( SG 2).

PAUL.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Paul,

Could meet up with you and see if Curly is heading our way as well. let you know nearer but have no probs with heading up to the Humber bridge car park or maybe you could head down this way and take the scenic route, sort it out nearer the time.
What do you think Curly, you still going????????

Ian