bollox bollox bollox bollox

General Bike chat
playerone

Re: bollox bollox bollox bollox

Post by playerone »

cybercarl wrote: not much damage to you either, just the head then :wink:
and he'll likely get a bill from the council for the damage that done :lol: :lol: :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

look what its got on it though... very much like the rc8 and s1000r dash

oil level, fuel level, temperature, rpm, speed, odo, trip, lap timer, clock, voltage, hi/lo beam, gear position...
what more could you want / need!

the standard sp dash is a bit basic... i can scroll through odo, trip , temp etc but cant view them in one screen and theres no Volts, clock, lap timer or gpi either.
considering the standard dash is almost a grand new, this is a snip at £400 :thumbup:

&john - im ok really mate, if they write this one off that'll be my 9th lol :oops:[/quote]

i've had my eye on one of these for sometime now..... :erection:
plus you can take it from bike to bike, its a no brainer :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Wicky wrote:Are you sure the police have the bike - normally in an RTA they call out a recovery firm, if the rider is incapacitated, to take it to an appointed dealer, where it racks up a daily storage fee.

Get it out quick - though you'll likely to have to pay the recovery costs which you can eventually bill the 3rd party for.
Hes insurance company will deal with it either way, if the police were investigating the accident they will take it to a police site to investigate, then they will allow the insurance to take it, you deal with the insurance company after the police finnish with it.

I know this because it happend to me in 2005 when my wife had pedestrian jump ontop of our car and more or less kill himself.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I know this because it happend to me in 2005 when my wife had pedestrian jump ontop of our car and more or less kill himself.

i'm confused, did he kill himself or didn't he????????
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

How freaky, two of you had almost identical accidents where a person jumped out in front of your car and more or less killed themself.
Wonder if it was the same person?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:lol: :lol:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Wicky wrote:Are you sure the police have the bike - normally in an RTA they call out a recovery firm, if the rider is incapacitated, to take it to an appointed dealer, where it racks up a daily storage fee.

Get it out quick - though you'll likely to have to pay the recovery costs which you can eventually bill the 3rd party for.
yeh it was taken to a police accredited recovery compound. and stored overnight.
i rang this morning and they said plod have released it - ie had a look and seen its not stolen or bald tyres, no brakes etc.
collected it with help from a mate - cost me £160 for the recovery but its 35 a day plus vat for storage, plus a release fee!
the same garage took my mates fireblade last year after it was stolen recovered.
when he went to collect it he was told it's been sold! 8O
he said wtf!!! :Argue 1:
they said it was subject to a finance agreement and the finance company authorised the sale so it's gone.
and we want the keys and handbooks please!!! :Argue 1:

he ended up with a new bike like but what a shocker lol!

there is no finance on my bike but i wanted it back asap mainly cos its got expensive akro system on and pc3 which are worth up to a grand on the bay.
if theyd wrote it off id never see it again.
if i use my comprehensive cover i have a 600 excess which means id get full market price back less 600 notes... the sale of the extras would help ease the pain.

anyway its back all snuggly in its bed now, recovering nicely. :thumbup: it'll live :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

surely its a non fault accident, you shouldn't have to pay the excess :think:
if its deemed 100% the cab drivers fault, and £35 a day wtf, my bike was impounded for 10 days because i was stuck in hospital and in a bad way, iirc it cost me £20 a day plus £200 for collecting the bike from the scene of the accident, but there was no release fee, these places are a ferking rip off :o
how long did they say it would take for your hand to recover?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

cost me £160 for the recovery but its 35 a day plus vat for storage, plus a release fee!
I think it's disgusting the charges that these type of places charge and an absolute liberty owners don't get the chance to organise something for themselves first. It's taking advantage of someone when they are at their most vulnerable. Or mugging someone for their property.

When I wrapped my CB1 around a lamppost I was taken to the Hospital via paramedics and did not come out from there for another 3 weeks. By this time the recovery and storage charges had built up to the point where it wasn't worth me paying to get the bike back :( Why they just can't dump the bike just off the road somewhere where it is not a danger to other road users I don't know. They should at least give owners a chance to organise their own recovery. I could have got a mate with a van or something to pick it up.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Benny should get the excess difference paid for by the other parties insurers, along with everything else not covered by his own comprehensive policy i..e pain & suffering, and out-of-pocket expenses resulting from the accident.
bigspanishmarty wrote:surely its a non fault accident, you shouldn't have to pay the excess :think:
if its deemed 100% the cab drivers fault, and £35 a day wtf, my bike was impounded for 10 days because i was stuck in hospital and in a bad way, iirc it cost me £20 a day plus £200 for collecting the bike from the scene of the accident, but there was no release fee, these places are a ferking rip off :o
how long did they say it would take for your hand to recover?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

glad you on the mend benny , as you said the bike will live
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

benny hedges wrote:
cybercarl wrote:I like that translogic dash very much.
(:-})
look what its got on it though... very much like the rc8 and s1000r dash

oil level, fuel level, temperature, rpm, speed, odo, trip, lap timer, clock, voltage, hi/lo beam, gear position...
what more could you want / need!A teasmade ? Corby trouser press? Ambient temperature? Anti cab avoidance radar ?

the standard sp dash is a bit basic... i can scroll through odo, trip , temp etc but cant view them in one screen and theres no Volts, clock, lap timer or gpi either.
considering the standard dash is almost a grand new, this is a snip at £400 :thumbup: Bargain !

&john - im ok really mate, if they write this one off that'll be my 9th lol :oops:

Sounds like MCE are worth the money they charge, when your renewing & they get to the bit about previous claims, do you wince or chuckle ?

Nine write off's, your name must come up on the system with a big RED flag on it. :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
seb421

Post by seb421 »

benny hedges wrote:cheers for the replies chaps :)

been a busy day today with mce - jeez theyre ok you know. been right on it.
gixxer thou available next week if im fit to ride it, and they'll replace my gear straight away.
this is why the cheapest policy is not always the best!

got the bike back home and i feel loads better now.
its actually not as bad as i feared but i reckon its still cat c write off.
Thats a positive then mate!

Strange that, for me they have always been the cheapest to insure me fully comp or 3rd party and what they offer as a pack beats the others hands down

:thumbup:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

just had a convo with the guy from repairer's 4th dimension who are collecting the bike in a bit.
apparently they own farnhams and do john mcguiness's bikes and for a lot of other race teams...
told them i'd done a brief assessment myself and its mostly cosmetic damage.. (below)
but at honda prices comes to over 4 grand.
they said they have a deal with honda and get parts at massive discounts, but to keep the price down woud i accept repaired parts rather than replacements, ie, scuffed mudguard can be repaired, levers scratched etc.

i said tbh if its written off id buy it back and rebuild it with german abs fairings, castrol race rep paint, gilles rearsets for £400 instead of the £700 honda ones, translogic dash for 400 instead of a grand, pair of marchesini forged wheels are about the same price as replacing the oem front wheel.. etc.
he said thats great, we can do all that for you and if its the same or less than the oem quote it wont cost you a penny
hahahah lolz
i should do this more often! :thumbup:

damage ->

front mudguard scuffed
front wheel rim scraped
lef hand front fork damper scuffed
nose cone / top fairing smashed
left hand headlamp lense scuffed
clocks / dash smashed - mileage approx 14660
(first digit is broken on the clocks lol )
screen smashed
both mirrors damaged
both front indicators smashed
left hand lower fairing scraped / cracked
left hand switchgear scuffed
fairing stay bracket bent
left hand upper fairing bracket bent
left hand radiator displaced and leaking - do not attempt to start bike!
tank dented / scuffed
front brake reservoir displaced
clutch reservoir displaced
clutch lever scuffed
left bar end scuffed
top yoke chipped / dented
left footrest assy, gearchange pedal & heelplate bented and twisted
lh exhaust scraped

does not appear to be any structural / frame damage.
condition before crash - excellent, no faults or damage.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

bigspanishmarty wrote:I know this because it happend to me in 2005 when my wife had pedestrian jump ontop of our car and more or less kill himself.

i'm confused, did he kill himself or didn't he????????
He was a pissed up teenager, and witnesses rekon he was on something else as well, he ran across the road on a dual carriageway type road where a group of teenagers were walking down the middle of where you have the barrier, jumped over the top, sadly for him my wife was coming the other way and couldnt see what he was doing ( wasnt even aware he was there ) and he jumped ontop of the car jumping over the barrier just as she was passing, he head hit the car and barrier a couple of times and his brain fluid was leaking everywhere, so I rekon hes pretty much dead.

The police wouldnt tell us to much.

Good to here that BH, every cloud has a silver lining mate, just worry about yourself first.