I cannot express my anger at this.

General Bike chat
leevtr

Re: I cannot express my anger at this.

Post by leevtr »

Virt wrote:
leevtr wrote:This thread should be put into the public domain....Us bikers are actually all taking the cagers side, that should be shown to joe public, then they'll see we are actually civilised !!
No. The bikers with brains are. I've seen a lot of bikers criticising the driver and saying he was a hazard, deserves to be shot, etc etc.

There are some people who are convinced that bikers can do no wrong, and everything is the fault of a driver. I think the response of each individual does say a lot about them, those who put the entire blame on the car driver are idiots and hopefully natural selection will take care of them in the most amusing way possible. (Oh I love the darwin awards :lol:)

The way people can criticise the driver for being too close to the bike in front, when he has 2 bikes less than 2 feet behind him stopping him from braking is appalling. He couldn't speed up, slow down or change lanes. I would've ran them over like him, maybe even hit reverse to make sure I did a good job of it :lol:
Thats why I said ' THIS THREAD '
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Virt

Post by Virt »

leevtr wrote:
Thats why I said ' THIS THREAD '

You make a good point. I shall retreat into my cave and continue with being a hermit :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

i feel shame just being linked to these idiots by my choice of transport.
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

AMCQ46 wrote:i feel shame just being linked to these idiots by my choice of transport.
You're not really linked to them! The guys on the bikes in that video are clearly idiots, if people see that video and assume all bike riders are like that then they too are idiots.

The same way, if you got cut up by Martin in his cab, you wouldn't assume all cab drivers are maniacs ready to cut you up, or just because I couldn't keep up with you on your yellow Storm I don't assume all yellow Storms are faster, they are obviously much slower than silver storms :lol: but I'd love to see you on a silver one :D SWOOOshhhhHh! :)
Jamie :wave:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Jamoi wrote:
The same way, if you got cut up by Martin in his cab, you wouldn't assume all cab drivers are maniacs ready to cut you up
Well usually... :lol:

Last time I was in a taxi he didn't know what a brake was, he was pulling onto roundabouts at 60mph without doing any sort of check and sh1t. Scary as wombles. Even more so as I was absolutely smashed and having the (then) girlfriend cling onto me for dear life :lol:

Plus they have a higher record of pulling out on me anyway :wink:
Jamoi wrote: or just because I couldn't keep up with you on your yellow Storm I don't assume all yellow Storms are faster, they are obviously much slower than silver storms :lol: but I'd love to see you on a silver one :D SWOOOshhhhHh! :)
Now now Jamoi, stop being cruel to yellow bikes. I reckon both of those colours have about 40bhp, so shush :wink:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Jamie,
the sad thing is that the sh1t that gets thrown at the idiot gangs, some will stick to all of us.

it has happened in off road biking, and the sad thing is that the new rules will only be respected by the law abiding [if I can call myself that !] riders and the illegal riders that caused the problem will carry on ignoring the rules
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Yeah I see what your saying, sticky sh1t is thrown by idiots and that sucks :(

Maybe we should just join in... First of all I need a chrome German helmet & a knackered RF600 to bounce off the limiter at 1mph on the M25... Wish me luck! :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

This thread should be put into the public domain....
It is already. We are not a closed forum.

It's like anything there are good and bad people in everything and all walks of life, but the bad always gets more publicity and gives others a bad name. But the big question is why are they behaving like that, there must be a reason for it apart from showing clips on social media.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

cybercarl wrote:

It's like anything there are good and bad people in everything and all walks of life, but the bad always gets more publicity and gives others a bad name. But the big question is why are they behaving like that, there must be a reason for it apart from showing clips on social media.

Some people are just pack animals I'm afraid. Normally insecure bully types.who are chickenshit when on their own. You see them on every street corner, these ones just happen to ride bikes.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

leevtr wrote:
cybercarl wrote:

Some people are just pack animals I'm afraid. Normally insecure bully types.who are chickenshit when on their own. You see them on every street corner, these ones just happen to ride bikes.
Agree totally but did you see that ass..... :wave:
She told me she was 16.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Christ, this whole situation is terrible. Everyone loses here :(

On a side note... Apparently the New York post thinks "you might also like - 8 celeb faces destroyed by drugs"!!

What's wrong with this world????
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well he wont be pulling in front of cars again.

==============================Enter the Darkside
playerone

Post by playerone »

Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Actually, I don't see it quite as black and white as some of you... Yes, the riders forced the situation on the driver... Yes, they probably intended to stop traffic by intimidating and harassing him and others... And, yes I do see that he felt threatened...

Buuut... He makes a very big mistake, by driving over people, using brute force in excess, harming other people...

There is a big, big difference between stopping, and then quite literally punching it, driving over a bike and rider to "get away", since he fears for his life, and what he really should have done...

Keep going, but keep going slowly... Don't drive over people... Push them out of the way... Not even those morons would stay in front of two tons of car if it moves at walking pace, not stopping... They'd punch at it, or kick it, but they would get out of the way, unharmed, or at least have been given fair warning... What the driver does, is either out of anger, since they are in his way, or to avoid having his car bashed at, or similar...

If there is a gun drawn, yes, then it's potentially justified to run people down, but not for kicks and punches...

I'm NOT taking the riders side here... I'm saying one wrong thing doesn't justify another... He escalated an already bad situation, by his own doing... Should he be prosecuted... No... But is it right to say that he did nothing wrong? No... Would I have done the same? Possibly... But no-one can say for sure until they are in that situation...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...