Ebay Finds (unusal/cheap/rare/or just good value)

Moderator: VTRDark

Stevo Kifaru

Re: Ebay Finds (unusal/cheap/rare/or just good value)

Post by Stevo Kifaru »

Not really an ebay find as such, as it's my listing (sorry if it's in the wrong place but the sales/wants thread suggests a fixed price listing).
Quite rare trousers, good for touring or just those rare hot days where you wish you could wear shorts but sense tells you to wear armoured trousers on the bike. Anyway, selling because I'm a short butt & these have an inside leg of 34 inches...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302035340300? ... 1586.l2649
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

decent storm on gumtree, might need some better colour matched front fairings, but if the bikes straight without any hidden issues, the price is very good, and I reckon you'd be able to knock him down a hundred quid. yours for £1400. spend £200 on respraying the front fairings, de sticker it and change the cct's, you'd have a late model bike with 15000 miles on the clock for £1650... :thumbup:
https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbi ... 1182488078
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

agentpineapple wrote:decent storm on gumtree, might need some better colour matched front fairings, but if the bikes straight without any hidden issues, the price is very good, and I reckon you'd be able to knock him down a hundred quid. yours for £1400. spend £200 on respraying the front fairings, de sticker it and change the cct's, you'd have a late model bike with 15000 miles on the clock for £1650... :thumbup:

Plus the cost of an HPI check :wink:

In Kent, another for the Mac Cave ??

Ad does say a few dings but if it's easily fixed, HPI clear and had the fairing properly painted there could be profit in it if the purchase price is right.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:decent storm on gumtree, might need some better colour matched front fairings, but if the bikes straight without any hidden issues, the price is very good, and I reckon you'd be able to knock him down a hundred quid. yours for £1400. spend £200 on respraying the front fairings, de sticker it and change the cct's, you'd have a late model bike with 15000 miles on the clock for £1650... :thumbup:

Ad does say a few dings but if it's easily fixed, HPI clear and had the fairing properly painted there could be profit in it if the purchase price is right.

Not for me...The advert must have changed & the price gone up or Martys math is way out...How can knocking £100 off £1700 get you a bike for £1400 ?

Plus can you trust the mechanical ability of someone who can't even put the cans on the correct way ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:
popkat wrote:

Not for me...The advert must have changed & the price gone up or Martys math is way out...How can knocking £100 off £1700 get you a bike for £1400 ?

Plus can you trust the mechanical ability of someone who can't even put the cans on the correct way ?

Ha ha that haircuts not affected ya eyesight ya bloody eagled eyed bugger, Marty can't add up ! he is a taxi driver lol :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the add was originally £1500 the seller must have put the price up..... :thumbdown:
or maybe I got the mileage confused with the price.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
even at £1800 all in, it's still a £2250 bike, all day long
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:the add was originally £1500 the seller must have put the price up..... :thumbdown:
or maybe I got the mileage confused with the price.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
even at £1800 all in, it's still a £2250 bike, all day long
YEH I AGREE :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote:
He or She is hiding the minor dents :)

Chris.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

What makes this worth so much more than plenty of other VTRs?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

KermitLeFrog wrote:What makes this worth so much more than plenty of other VTRs?
reasonably low mileage, with the benefit of the later model upgrades.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oh gawd I just seen the colour of it. The value has gone right down now. :biggrin Those rear decals are not original either what else is this seller hiding.
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:Oh gawd I just seen the colour of it. The value has gone right down now. :biggrin Those rear decals are not original either what else is this seller hiding.
from a buyers pov, those decals are great, as it show's a lack of taste, as long as there's nothing nasty under them, which more often than not there isn't/ but they will lower the value of the bike.
easy to remove, with or without a heat gun.
it would be very easy to return that bike back to it's original glory. and for very little money. hence why it's a bargain in my eyes.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:Oh gawd I just seen the colour of it. The value has gone right down now. :biggrin Those rear decals are not original either what else is this seller hiding.
from a buyers pov, those decals are great, as it show's a lack of taste, as long as there's nothing nasty under them, which more often than not there isn't/ but they will lower the value of the bike.
easy to remove, with or without a heat gun.
it would be very easy to return that bike back to it's original glory. and for very little money. hence why it's a bargain in my eyes.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Has anybody used these? any reports about what they are like?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Ty ... JMhE-bisaw
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: