what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

BigVeeGrin wrote:Simple stuff - lovely ride over to Kevland to see if my newly taken in leathers fitted before they finish off, back, popped in rear brake pads, on with the standard cans, off to the MOT man, back for a cuppa. :D
Did they ?

If they did fit, why not celebrate with a nice jammie donut or 4 ... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If he eats one of them he will have to go for a 20mile cycle in lycra :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

MacV2 wrote:
BigVeeGrin wrote:Simple stuff - lovely ride over to Kevland to see if my newly taken in leathers fitted before they finish off, back, popped in rear brake pads, on with the standard cans, off to the MOT man, back for a cuppa. :D
Did they ?

If they did fit, why not celebrate with a nice jammie donut or 4 ... :lol:
Well, tbh they need a bit more but anymore and the jacket will need a lot of altering, at which point, given they can't tell me how much it will be, I would probably be better off getting some new ones :lol:
cybercarl wrote:If he eats one of them he will have to go for a 20mile cycle in lycra :lol:

on that ratio then I can have 16 nice jammies as doing an 80 miler Sunday :D :angel:

and on the MOT I was well shocked at how the standard cans ruin the great Storm character due to a complete lack of crackle, pop and bang. yuk, Fuel's are straight back on :Bike:
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Bit of an update, most of you know, I bought my storm a couple months back and got ripped off, various faults needing mending, some of them dangerous.

Well after a couple of months tinkering, some bits off various members on here for very reasonable prices, I had my first actual proper ride today! Only up to Hereford and back (90 miles) but trying to keep up with a friend of mine who is a bit of a psycho! So we were 'making progress'. I wasn't pushing TOO hard as I have sh1t tyres (adrenos) and they are brand new, so will probably have to use them up a bit before i change to some decent ones due to funds and already spending way too much on the bike for how long I have had it.

But even so, we were hitting some 3 figure speeds on twisty B roads. Have to say I LOVE this bike, totally different experience from riding the deathtrap up the motorway from Cornwall. Rebuilt forks made it feel well planted, debafed cans had it popping and gurgling away and it really goes!

So, yes, I now see how you get addicted to these things. I am definitely in the club now!

:D
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:biggrin Nice one Matty. Glad you fianly got to experiance a bit of fun on her at long last. Well done mate. :thumbup:

shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

Went out for a nice ride this morning to skeggy and had breakfast looking out across the beach and sea, absolute bliss!! :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I started early and got my rear end stripped down. Swingarm and shock is off and I cleaned all the areas I couldn't get to before. I notice I have very uneven wear on the rear pads so I shall have to investigate what's going on there. One side is worn loads more. It's probably not moving side to side freely in the pivot. I think I will swap the pads around as well.

I never quite managed to get the lower linkage off that attaches to the engine, got one more bolt to remove. I got the nut of the right hand side but haven't figured out what's holding the other side as it wont knock through. Not sure if it a hex bolt or big allen bolt. It seems to be recessed near the sidestand. It's too dark now to see what I'm dong so I shall figure it out tomorrow.

I'm now having a well deserved pint of Hobgoblin :beer:

Redthunder

Post by Redthunder »

Cut down stock undertray
98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

Destined4bikes17@gmail.com
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hobgoblin :-) nice last time I drank 6 bottles of that I lost 4 hours and my cloths :-@ .
Carl check the rear caliper bracket for free play where the slide pins located .
I had the same problem on mine last year and it was the bracket worn
Keith

Post by Keith »

I replaced by Black Double Bubble screen with a clear one. I can finally see what speed I am going now as the heavily tinted one made it difficult to read. Oh my poor old eyes!

The screen I took off is fairly new but I will never use it again so if anyone is close to Didcot Oxfordshire and want a free screen then just send me a PM. You will have to collect though as I just can't be assed to post it. :lol:

Before anyone asks....I don't know what make it is but it fitted my bike well enough without any hassle.
BigVeeGrin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by BigVeeGrin »

lloydie wrote:Hobgoblin :-) nice last time I drank 6 bottles of that I lost 4 hours and my cloths :-@ .
Carl check the rear caliper bracket for free play where the slide pins located .
I had the same problem on mine last year and it was the bracket worn
Lightweight :roll: - good call on the caliper as one of mine was worn far more than the other as well, will investigate :thumbup:
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your

Post by lloydie »

BigVeeGrin wrote:Lightweight :roll: -
im a "professional" driver so cant drink that often :(
Virt

Post by Virt »

Picked bike up from the garage and parted with half my first ever pay check for it :thumbdown: curious to see how different it was after a full service however so took a 30 mile route home (I live less than a mile from this garage :lol:) words cannot describe. It's a completely different bike. Still has womble all power though
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Well why don't you do something about the power issue then? :twisted:
Virt

Post by Virt »

In time young padawan, in time :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement