Operation Storm II - Pt IV - Wales - Sept 6th-8th 2013

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

geodude

Re: Operation Storm II - Part IV - September 6th-8th 2013

Post by geodude »

Ckennedy wrote:I now have the Friday booked off :) not sure weather I will be camping or what as the mrs wants to come too. Last time we went camping it was 1 single sleeping bag between 2 as we did not have room for 2, no role mats or anything. Though if cooking equipment isnt needed wee may be ok :s don't really fancy a b&b as I think it takes the fun and experience away from it all.
Plenty of food within walking distance so no need for cooking gear :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Will have to do a gear pack to find out how much more room I am going to have to find haha. The mrs still hasn't got to grips with only taking underwear and maybe a spare t-shirt when it comes to camping on the bike haha. Anything extra she will be carrying in a ruck sack.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Anything extra she will be carrying in a ruck sack.
Knowing woman, shoes lots of them :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

provisionally pen me in for this one fellas, I'm hoping to meet up with a couple of you sooner than September though :)
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

cybercarl wrote:
Anything extra she will be carrying in a ruck sack.
Knowing woman, shoes lots of them :lol: :lol:

(:-})

And makeup and trousers and hair dryer and maybe even the kitchen sink haha.
geodude

Post by geodude »

Updated 1st post. Please check to make sure your name is on it if you are coming :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

May I add a friend plus maybe the missus?
geodude

Post by geodude »

Ckennedy wrote:May I add a friend plus maybe the missus?
Yep :thumbup:
darkember

Post by darkember »

Ok all. I know this is a little different but I have found a hostel attached to a pub that sells great food & beer & there is a campsite within walking distance for those hardy types. It will house up to 25 with B&B. Link is attached let me know within 2 weeks as it fills fast. BTW parking is very secure.

http://theoldpandyinn.co.uk/
geodude

Post by geodude »

darkember wrote:Ok all. I know this is a little different but I have found a hostel attached to a pub that sells great food & beer & there is a campsite within walking distance for those hardy types. It will house up to 25 with B&B. Link is attached let me know within 2 weeks as it fills fast. BTW parking is very secure.

Thanks but what makes Rhayader so good is its central location, it's next to the Elan Valley and we know what we are gonna get. There are B&Bs in Rhayader for those that don't want to camp.. Plus, I'm looking forward to a pint in the Bears Head and onto a curry in the Spice Cottage next door :thumbup:
darkember

Post by darkember »

geodude wrote:
darkember wrote:Ok all. I know this is a little different but I have found a hostel attached to a pub that sells great food & beer & there is a campsite within walking distance for those hardy types. It will house up to 25 with B&B. Link is attached let me know within 2 weeks as it fills fast. BTW parking is very secure.

Thanks but what makes Rhayader so good is its central location, it's next to the Elan Valley and we know what we are gonna get. There are B&Bs in Rhayader for those that don't want to camp.. Plus, I'm looking forward to a pint in the Bears Head and onto a curry in the Spice Cottage next door :thumbup:
Hum thats what worries me. Change should not frighten people. I have checked all the B&B's are miles from the campsite & this location is only 30+ miles from the original, but hey, im not here to upset the apple cart, just suggesting a location that all can be present, eat, drink & sleep without taxis & riding catering both for campers & B&B'ers
playerone

Post by playerone »

darkember wrote:
geodude wrote:

Hum thats what worries me. Change should not frighten people. I have checked all the B&B's are miles from the campsite & this location is only 30+ miles from the original, but hey, im not here to upset the apple cart, just suggesting a location that all can be present, eat, drink & sleep without taxis & riding catering both for campers & B&B'ers
Me and Flatline stayed in a B&B in Rhayader last trip, was just a 5 minute walk from campsite :thumbup:
geodude

Post by geodude »

I'm not afraid of change. I just don't want to :P

Having used this campsite for the Wales trip for the last 3 years, and the feedback from those who have been there with us, we'll be going here again. And again. and probably again. lol

Thanks for your input though matey :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

geodude wrote:I'm not afraid of change. I just don't want to :P

Having used this campsite for the Wales trip for the last 3 years, and the feedback from those who have been there with us, we'll be going here again. And again. and probably again. lol

Thanks for your input though matey :thumbup:
Yep. Better the devil ('s bridge rideout) you know :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Ill be up for this + Sarah on her bike too if that's ok. Sadly neither of us on storms though.

Benny - if you're going to this shall we meet at J10 on the Friday and ride down?