Religion ??

General Biker Banter
leevtr

Re: Religion ??

Post by leevtr »

lloydiecbr wrote:wombles wit I can live with
But I ain't no Christian !
Sure you've been called worse....And will be in the future...Knobjockey :lol: :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Very true :-)
I get called lazy with regards to my replays to posts but at least I read the posts before stroking the keyboard !
Ya feel me
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Rolling thunder,

Did you bother to read the preceeding posts before comming out with that sh1t?
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Total ferking wombles .Plese reply.
:wtf: Are you on crack. :smoke1: Or are you just trying to find out the forums sense of community, a community that will look out for each other.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

You do bring out the worst in people Lloydie!!!! Don't know where that came from though, considering it wasn't your first post. Do you need counselling mate? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

imo.... jesus.
first off his name wouldnt have been pronounced jesus.
it would either have been heysoos or yaysus. so that fks a lot of hymns up for starters.

obviously the population of the world was a lot smaller 2000 years ago. even more so cos the romans had killed most of them.
and all but royalty and the rich were very uneducated, hence having to explain things in parables which seem ridiculous to us scholars.
he only had a dozen followers. :roll:

the average sleberdy on twitter has at least a thousand.

seems word of his magic tricks got out and people flocked like sheep cos basically they had nothing better to do.
people didnt have bills to pay in those days and mortgages otherwise they wouldve just ignored him and carried on working.

say for instance david blaine announced that he is actually the son of god... would anyone believe him?
he can do loads of tricks and is a pretty cool chap.. maybe he is?
i think if he could prove he is the son of god there would still be someone ready to assasinate him.
the only good thing about that would be that more words rhyme with blaine than jesus, so the hymns would probably be a bit more imaginative and original.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Can't we make it Dynamo, he's more local when you want a quick worship. I reckon we can rhyme a few ditties up with that, and the idea of the second coming of the lord jebus with a Bradford accent amuses me!
Oh and he doe's better tricks than that Septic knob!
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:You do bring out the worst in people Lloydie!!!! :lol:
I am working on that , I have been told that before .
And I apologise for it Sorry my bad
Chop

Post by Chop »

Leevtr, you are to be applauded. What a superb subject, it always gets people riled up. It also makes us give a little thought about ourselves. What's next? Politics ?
That's always a good one.
This is like being in the pub, do you think a fight will break out soon?
Keep it lively and controversial ;-))
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

:lol:
Religion has been the cause of a great many of wars throughout the centuries, so may as well start one here :lol:

As far as I can see the important thing is having a community and caring about those around you. If believing in a god helps some do that, that's great, but more often than not it makes them exclude all others who aren't in their club...so it backfires!

Problem now is too many people worship a fast buck and designer labels and they are only looking out for themselves.....could this be us heading back to Sodom and Gomorrah and it all starting back at the beginning again :lol:
AMcQ
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

benny hedges wrote:imo.... jesus.
first off his name wouldnt have been pronounced jesus.
it would either have been heysoos or yaysus. so that fks a lot of hymns up for starters.
Love it !
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Wasn't the Church of England set up so that some fat bloke could give his Mrs the elbow and have a go on another one? The Roman candles didn't like the idea (well not without a huge brown envelope to ease the moral sting anyway!) so Our 'Enry decided to start his own club and in the meantime persecute anyone who stayed a member of his old one. So that ended well!!!
As Al said being a member of one religion seems to make people think it's ok to have a pop at any others which don't align with their views, a sad reflection on Human nature really.
Doe's this mean as believers in the Firestorm we can target other non believers, Oh I don't know, say someone who has left the one true religion and wandered down the path of temptation toward the gates of hell that is BMW ownership, then set his sat nav beyond hell and travelled to an even lower level (Lakeside shopping centre!) and ended up at aprilia Tourno land. Not targetting anyone specifically you understand! :lol: :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

:lol: :-)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

kev, I agree, we will start a crusade against the herotics who worship the false V twin gods....Aprilia, Harley, MotoGuzzi, Ducati, KTM ....they will all be denounced as children of the devil and be captured, visited by plauges and tempest, tortured and then publicly stoned (basically just any operation storm camping trip) :lol:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

When I set up my own religion Al you can be The Baby eating Bishop of Bath & Wells! Red hot poker anyone?? :lol: :lol: