Op Storm Bonny Scotland 16-18th August 2013

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

mattster

Re: Op Storm Bonny Scotland 16-18th August 2013

Post by mattster »

I'm watching this thread with baited breath to see if it's still going ahead!!!

I'll still be up for the Saturday run, will have to arrange to meet you lads somewhere as I'll be coming down from Paisley to meet the Ayrshire contingent in Prestwick.

The roads currently planned for the Sat run are fantastic. The wife and I went out on Friday from Ayr down the A713 to New Galloway, then along the Queens Way (A712) to the A75 along to PortPatrick for a smashing wee lunch. Great roads, not too many potholes or bad surfaces, only about 2 miles of gravel/resurfacing works! (which is surprising if you know the area at all...)

Looking forward to it!

Matt.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Mistaziggy, any update on the clash of dates?
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote:Mistaziggy, any update on the clash of dates?
No mate, he was over at my house this weekend, I quizzed him about it and nothing has been organised yet. Told him ill wait till this friday and if nothing organised ill be going to Scotland. I very much doubt he will sort anything in time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Still not heard anything about this, I sent him a txt today to see if anything had been firmed up but no reply. Ill send him 1 more txt, but if nothing by morning, then ill crouton it off and come on this, as I would rather do that anyway :)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Miztaziggy wrote:Still not heard anything about this, I sent him a txt today to see if anything had been firmed up but no reply. Ill send him 1 more txt, but if nothing by morning, then ill crouton it off and come on this, as I would rather do that anyway :)

good man. I will see you friday anyway so we can work out some details then...........and remind Ady that he wont be able to go :lol:
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Miztaziggy wrote:Still not heard anything about this, I sent him a txt today to see if anything had been firmed up but no reply. Ill send him 1 more txt, but if nothing by morning, then ill crouton it off and come on this, as I would rather do that anyway :)

good man. I will see you friday anyway so we can work out some details then...........and remind Ady that he wont be able to go :lol:
He will if he takes his Mrs up on the back as an 'anniversary surprise' :lol: :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Miztaziggy wrote: He will if he takes his Mrs up on the back as an 'anniversary surprise' :lol: :lol:

I scan read that and thought you said.............. "takes his misses up the back as an anniversary surprise" ......... I guess that would get you kicked out of the house pretty fast :lol:
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Right, still no txt back from my mate about his 30th, so fcuk it, game on :)

Who's still coming to this?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Miztaziggy wrote:Right, still no txt back from my mate about his 30th, so fcuk it, game on :)

Who's still coming to this?

You, me, Grumpyfrog camping, with local Ayrshire and Dumfries boys coming in for the day

everyone please confirm

AMQ - camping
Grumpyfrog - camping
Miztaziggy- camping
Adyf- not coming :(
Rob??
Mattster and some mates as a day triper,
awgh69 as a daytripper
AMcQ
adyf

Post by adyf »

Now that would be an anniversary to remember,have been trying to get her to go to Scotland but unfortunatly she saw straight through that one.if anything changes I will be there.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

You dirty dirty dirty man......

Anyway, I'm def still up for this but arguing with work about where I am going to be that week. What time are you heading up the road at?
I have 3 situations:
1. they are trying to get me to London for a meeting in the Friday morning- worse case, I will bring the bike down to Stafford on the trailer, leave it at work, go to the meeting, train back mid afternoon, catch up with you all, head back down the road with you all on Sunday, start work again on Monday.
2. Take the day off and meet up as previously planned.
3. Bring the bike down the road on the trailer and still take Friday off.

I'll be there somehow, and will keep in touch over how..
Cheers
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

It depends on AMCQ for times on the Friday.

I booked the day off work so can ride up whenever, but if Alistair is working, then ill meet up with him in the evening I guess, and ride up to get there probably about 9-10pm?

If it's pissing it down on Friday, and if you wanted to Alistair, we could meet up at my house near Tadcaster, stick the bikes on the trailer and go up in the car?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have booked Friday off and that will be part of the ride....we will avoid motorways and have some fun :D

Plan would be to meet Ziggy near settle about noon time and then go north east then work our way slowly back towards SW Scotland via some great roads.

Grumpy frog, if you can get Friday off and you are down south for work I can meet up with you for the ride up.
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote:I have booked Friday off and that will be part of the ride....we will avoid motorways and have some fun :D

Plan would be to meet Ziggy near settle about noon time and then go north east then work our way slowly back towards SW Scotland via some great roads.

Grumpy frog, if you can get Friday off and you are down south for work I can meet up with you for the ride up.
Ok nice one, may as well meet at Tadcaster or Wetherby services if youre coming up that way? We can ride to Settle from there.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Miztaziggy wrote: Ok nice one, may as well meet at Tadcaster or Wetherby services if youre coming up that way? We can ride to Settle from there.

Chris, the route up was going to be like this http://goo.gl/maps/bkPke so I will be coming across from the west, but i will have a look to see if there are any other routes I like the look of. Also depends if i am hooking up with Grumpyfrog near Stafford
AMcQ