Midland workshop day sunday5th oct delayed till 9.30

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: Midland workshop day sunday5th oct delayed till 9.30

Post by AMCQ46 »

cold tyres!! we had been out for 10mins already :lol: ........ my worry was it was a new rear tyre with less than 50miles on it :o
AMcQ
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

My tyres were still cold! Don't Think they ever warmed up :lol: to be honest I didn't even attempt the knee down on that one :( then again that's hard enough for me anyway
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Chris, you are on PR3's? and Lloydie you were on PR2's same as me.......... Pilot Road dual compound don't need much heat in them [hence they are so good in the wet], you just have to trust them.

down side will be on a track day in warm weather when they will get too hot and start sliding about
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I do trust them especially after I seen you drop a knee on it so I thought bugger it ,must be up to temp tho it wasn't till about half way round I did it then I remembered the sharp slow left hander directly after it with a oh feck moment lol
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Yeah there pr3s. They feel fine when riding its just the lack of heat that puts me off. Should I raise the tyre pressures a bit then seeing as the front is so low compared to what it should be or leave it where it is, currently about 26psi.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Chris, I know what you mean............ I was always used to getting rubber balls on the edge of my tyre after a good thrashing, and as soon as I fitted the PR2s I could never get them do that. So same as you I assumed that I had less grip.

So I swapped back to more sporty rubber for one tyre. but what I found was I was no faster in the dry, but I had lost some of the wet grip, so since then I stay with the sport tour tyre and just stopped worrying about the lack of heat and rubber balls on the edge......... the tyres have more than enough grip for hard road use on a storm [and I think a touno as well]

as for pressures, run them at the book pressure or just slightly below by 2 or 3 psi
AMcQ
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Cheers Al :thumbup: I'll blow them back up and see what happens
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote: then I remembered the sharp slow left hander directly after it with a oh feck moment lol

yup, and its then a give way onto a busy dual carriageway all in about 10yards, so you have to get your knee off the ground and start braking after 3/4 way round the curve. don't always remember in time myself as its blind 8O
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Looks like you lads had a great day :thumbup: Sorry I couldn't make it, wanted to be home by midday but that didn't happen anyway.. my rear shock saw to that :(

The Pr's do rip up quite quickly when hot :D

Never tried a better tyre, very progressive loss of grip when they do go, which is very rare on the storm. Just gotta trust them CK
Jamie :wave:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I must be doing something wrong looking at yours Jamie. I've never had tyres look like that :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ckennedy wrote:I must be doing something wrong looking at yours Jamie. I've never had tyres look like that :lol:
Chris, that was after his trackday............ it takes something to get PR tyres to look like that
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Ckennedy wrote:I must be doing something wrong looking at yours Jamie. I've never had tyres look like that :lol:
I bet they'll look like that after your track day :) :biker: :woohoo:
Jamie :wave:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

:lol: fair enough. I'll let you off with that one. Think mine will be having some major work done before the track day, see my tuono thread which I'm about to update.....