what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
seb421

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by seb421 »

cybercarl wrote:
not always unless you got the correct one, my mates R1 nearly burst into flames last week due to the RR overcharging the batt, the batt blew out there was smoke and acid everywhere
This can be an issue with any older non MOSFET type R/R. Still better than the original non finned Honda Sh1te though. They can cope with a larger output so not put under so much stress on the VTR and also have a larger body/finned area so cooling is better. I've been running a older R1 R/R now for over 2 years including through Winters with no issues. It basically comes down to the luck of the draw.

(:-})
Tip for you if you smell eggs like a Catalytic converter type smell this is the RR cooking the batt

We wondered what the hell that smell was for about 6 miles before i took a wrong turn looked back to alert my mate and saw smoke billowing out the rear end

First smelt it outside a pub when i stopped to go for a piddle, figured they must have been having a BBQ out back or somthing
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I think I'll get some made up and get them welded when I can get a chance
seb421 wrote:Steve iirc BSM had cut down his hangers very neatly he's best to ask i guess

Who you taken the wheels to? i want to get mine done white :thumbup:
They're being done at apc powdercoating in openshaw. £80 for the pair with blasting.seems a bit expensive but was the only place I could find open on a Saturday.I'll let you know how good of a job they do.
http://www.apcukltd.co.uk/powdercoating.htm
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Cleaned and lubed the chain and gave the frog a wash and polish .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Removed the rear shock spacers so now I can touch the floor comfortably :thumbup: Going out on it tomorrow after work to see what it's like
darkember

Post by darkember »

Adjusted my throttle slack as it was way too sloppy. Went for a nice ride & then removed all the bug mess off the fairing.
Last edited by darkember on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

darkember wrote:Adjusted my throttle slag as it was way too sloppy. Went for a nice ride & then removed all the bug mess off the fairing.

Your what was to what? Slag, sloppy :crazy: :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Steve6088 wrote:Fitted the gilles titanium toe piece to modified gear shifter from Kev a while back.

FItted the new cans I got of Benny. Had a bit of a play around with the hanger to get the upswept look I wanted.

Any suggestions how I could modify the hanger to get rid of the excess part to it and the footrest? I was just thinking of taking a hacksaw to it but it'll probably end up looking crap

Just dropped wheels off at powder coaters. :beer:
Bloody Hell!
Are those pipes still going! :D
I bought them new, then I sold them to Benny when I got rid of my Storm. I had a quick look at getting them converted to fit the SP but decided it wasn't worth the bother/cost.
Glad to see they have a new home and someone else is getting some enjoyment out of them :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Pete.L wrote:
Bloody Hell!
Are those pipes still going! :D
I bought them new, then I sold them to Benny when I got rid of my Storm. I had a quick look at getting them converted to fit the SP but decided it wasn't worth the bother/cost.
Glad to see they have a new home and someone else is getting some enjoyment out of them :thumbup:

Pete.l
haha. Still going strong. They definitely need repacking when I can get around to it though. They're bloody loud or have they always been loud?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I couldn't concentrate on anything today with our recent loss, My thoughts where elsewhere. I ended up giving the bike a wash and wax instead.

==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Put some good miles on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

nothing done to the bike because i'm 1000 miles away. I have been stung by 3 wasps today, why on gods green earth do these things exist.... :x
I have been working in 35 degree heat tho, and as carl said my thoughts have been elsewhere.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

35? My office was 37C when I decided "sod it I'm leaving early" :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Not in the mood to do anything to the bike today as my head is up my butt.

Sat and had a cuppa in the garage and was thinking about things. Was looking at the bike and was thinking that it now has Bennys old suspension set up on it as I bought it only last month from him.

It kinda came to me that in a way every time I go out on my bike a piece of Benny will be there too (strange thoughts I know, but welcome to my world).

Tomorrow's a new day!
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

cybercarl wrote:I couldn't concentrate on anything today with our recent loss, My thoughts where elsewhere. I ended up giving the bike a wash and wax instead.

Me as well. I didn't sleep well last night :(
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Jazzscot wrote: It kinda came to me that in a way every time I go out on my bike a piece of Benny will be there too (strange thoughts I know, but welcome to my world).

Tomorrow's a new day!
I had exactly the same thought this morning when I started my bike up and heard the exhausts