Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

I have a set of his cams in mine and a few other bits
As you guys and other have said sleep didn't come easy last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:nothing done to the bike because i'm 1000 miles away. I have been stung by 3 wasps today, why on gods green earth do these things exist.... :x
I have been working in 35 degree heat tho, and as carl said my thoughts have been elsewhere.... :(
Because they is part of gods great system...

Is it bolloxs ... They evolved from slime like the rest of us...In their case they evolved to eat all the things that evolved to eat your plants & flowers. Greenfly,caterpillers ect ect. That's why they exist...

They only attack as a defence, you must have annoyed them somehow. No doubt you are digging or building something near their nest & therefore disturbing them.

How often when we are just relaxing & the bloke next door or three, gets the power drill out do we want to punch him...?

Just a tip, don't wear bright colours when in the garden, it will attract flies & things so will also attract wasps.

Flapping your hands about & screaming like a girl will also not help your cause.

& yes I have been stung when dealing with wasps nest...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

MacV2 wrote: Flapping your hands about & screaming like a girl will also not help your cause.
What IS the best way to scream then Mac......? :lol:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Jazzscot wrote:Not in the mood to do anything to the bike today as my head is up my butt.

Sat and had a cuppa in the garage and was thinking about things. Was looking at the bike and was thinking that it now has Bennys old suspension set up on it as I bought it only last month from him.

It kinda came to me that in a way every time I go out on my bike a piece of Benny will be there too (strange thoughts I know, but welcome to my world).

Tomorrow's a new day!
Wish i still had the Stick Colis he made for me, was a laff seeing his gas solder set on fire and the panic kick in as he kicked it across the lawn, Darren Martin you have a set and whoever else i sold the other set too a few month back?

He had also played with the set of carbs for me and done the Throttle Position Sensor on it, think GLSR has these.

I will keep the quick action throttle mod he did for me as a memory thankfully still have this somewhere

Still hard to believe a man with such a big mischievous smile has left us like this
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Steve6088 wrote:
Pete.L wrote:
Bloody Hell!
Are those pipes still going! :D
I bought them new, then I sold them to Benny when I got rid of my Storm. I had a quick look at getting them converted to fit the SP but decided it wasn't worth the bother/cost.
Glad to see they have a new home and someone else is getting some enjoyment out of them :thumbup:

Pete.l
haha. Still going strong. They definitely need repacking when I can get around to it though. They're bloody loud or have they always been loud?
They used to have a choice of spouts to put down the ends. One was for race (which I thought made it sound a little raspy) and the outher was a nice deep tone at low revs but not too loud at top end. They were also supposed to not need repacking for life (some kind of corrigated filter card instead of wading) but who knows what kind of mods Benny had done to them :lol: (Martin will always be Benny to me. I even had to post them to Benny Hedges at Blah blah :lol:
I'd check on the Jawa Site if I were you. I'll be all the bits are still available if you need any.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I even had to post them to Benny Hedges at Blah blah :lol:
I have done that too. :lol: His postman must think who the wombles lives here. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

turbo_billy wrote:
MacV2 wrote: Flapping your hands about & screaming like a girl will also not help your cause.
What IS the best way to scream then Mac......? :lol:
Not at all silly...it just makes it worse... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
whitestorm pete

Post by whitestorm pete »

Had a spare couple of hours tonight so i done some cutting filing and swearing to get my home made foot pegs fitted :thumbup:
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Didn't feel I wanted to post last couple of days. RIP Benny, only met him once (Wales) but he showed me an interesting way to inflate an air mattress: attach to an exhaust pipe and there he had an instantly inflated bed!! Brill. I had a few messages from him and he was very helpful indeed.

My right hand exhaust has worked it's self a bit loose. They were new last Sep? They are Pipewerx and I'm happy to recomend them. However when I came to tighten clamp between header and link, I realised the bolt was seized! So, reason for post is Incase anybody was interested, a W2 clamp is stainless except the nut & bolt whereas a W4 is completely stainless. Suffice to say they had fitted W2 to mine! £s!!! And I've 2 x W4 on order!

So, for sake of extra £8 I recomend the W4 standard of exhaust clamps! That is all. Griff.
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

My right hand exhaust has worked it's self a bit loose.
That wont help your carb setup. Get that sorted first. You want no intake or exhaust leaks if trying to work out your jetting. :thumbup:

Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

cybercarl wrote:
That wont help your carb setup. Get that sorted first. You want no intake or exhaust leaks if trying to work out your jetting. :thumbup:

Yes good thoughts Carl. It's not 'blowing' when engine/exhaust hot, only when cool but still has movement.

Griff
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

cybercarl wrote:

+1 on that..... you'll never get it right with a leak in either system.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

My wheel bearings showed up so I got them mounted in the wheel and sprocket carrier.
Found a bit of damage on my caliper carrier and the the pad springs were a bit mangled.....so had to sort all that out which made it so I ran out of light..... No Garage right now...but soon :wink:

So tomorrow mount the rear tire and I also received my pair of breather filters for step 1 of airbox mods of get the bottle out of the box.
Then, as I already picked up more fork oil, I'll pull the guts out my forks and change the oil and reset the air gap.

Which mean I should actually get a ride in, unless it all goes to sh1t on me....... :eek2 :lol:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I also received my pair of breather filters for step 1 of airbox mods of get the bottle out of the box.
Argh your going for it as well now. :biggrin Any ideas on where your going to put your catch tank.

turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Fitted a set of aftermarket levers to the Legends bike.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustable-Fo ... 4d007522b2

Chinese parts have come on in leaps and bounds. Perfect fit, good solid construction and well finished. Absolute steal for the money too. Look a million dollars without costing a million dollars.:thumbup: