what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Jamoi

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Jamoi »

Today, I renewed my bike insurance. With a CLASSIC BIKE INSURANCE COMPANY!!!! 8O

:lol:

Still, it's the best OAP I've ever ridden...
Jamie :wave:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Jamie in Colchester wrote:Today, I renewed my bike insurance. With a CLASSIC BIKE INSURANCE COMPANY!!!! 8O

Yeah how much then...& did you get a free parker pen just for enquiring...?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

MacV2 wrote:
Jamie in Colchester wrote:Today, I renewed my bike insurance. With a CLASSIC BIKE INSURANCE COMPANY!!!! 8O

Yeah how much then...& did you get a free parker pen just for enquiring...?
:lol: :lol:

£210 fully comp, with a few extras. Which I thought was pretty decent? Oh, I went for the free carriage clock and £5 shares in colostomybags.com :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Today I've fitted a charging socket, with iPhone cradle in my stem bolt hole. Never ridden with music in my ears before, always thought its a little unnecessary/dangerous but, I had a go tonight and played my favourite playlist quietly through my bike headphones, what a revelation! Thoroughly transformed my ride! Especially when The Doors "riders of the storm" came on :plainsmile
Dr B1G

Post by Dr B1G »

In the middle of doing my CCT's, just thought I'd take a bit of time and paint the cam covers as well, also ordered a new air filter too. :)
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

cybercarl wrote:Argh your going for it as well now. :biggrin Any ideas on where your going to put your catch tank.

(:-})
Went with the no catch tank option. Instead just a pair of K&N type (or oiled cotton) crank case breathers.
I'll keep an eye on things as I do tend to clean my bike often.... white wheels and all so if I have issues I'll figure out where to put the bottle but I do believe the filters will just absorb any stray oil.

So all back together, even got the forks done but it was a bit rough with the temps in the 30's in your guys language..... lol
You know it's a bit warm out when you pick up a spanner and it burns your hand...... :eek2

She does seem to pull a bit harder on the around the block test ride but I'll know more after a proper test tomorrow :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Fitted what has probably been the best thing ever to the hornet today. Best £15 I've ever spent :thumbup:

Unfortunately it's in the garage and I forgot to take a picture, and it's effort to go do it :wink: Ooops.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Virt wrote:Fitted what has probably been the best thing ever to the hornet today. Best £15 I've ever spent :thumbup:

Unfortunately it's in the garage and I forgot to take a picture, and it's effort to go do it :wink: Ooops.
£15 for a "FOR SALE" sign?............ :wink:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Virt wrote:Fitted what has probably been the best thing ever to the hornet today. Best £15 I've ever spent :thumbup:

1/2lb of C4 ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

MacV2 wrote:

1/2lb of C4 ?
You know where I can get 1/2lb of C4 for £15? TELL ME
Virt

Post by Virt »

The best £15 for the hornet;

Renthal Ultra Lows.. it's actually comfortable to ride now! Slight problem in that bars don't go far enough to use steering lock, and pushing the left bar as far as it can go locks the throttle on full :lol:

My dad fitted them, what can I say? :p sorting that out when I get it back from the mechanics, dropped it off earlier.

Oh, it also came with cruise control... :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505
Dr B1G

Post by Dr B1G »

Gone into the garage, stood and looked at bike and imagined what my new MTC Gp pipes would look/sound like :p
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Dr B1G wrote:Gone into the garage, stood and looked at bike and imagined what my new MTC Gp pipes would look/sound like :p
I looked at MTC a while ago to me they look like every other generic brand, if you took the badge off you would be hard pressed to tell who made it if you know what I mean

I like a can to have that somthing special about them in the looks department, just a shame those that do require the sale of a kidney hence still on stock GSXR one for now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

8541Hawk wrote:
cybercarl wrote:Argh your going for it as well now. :biggrin Any ideas on where your going to put your catch tank.

(:-})
Went with the no catch tank option. Instead just a pair of K&N type (or oiled cotton) crank case breathers.
I'll keep an eye on things as I do tend to clean my bike often.... white wheels and all so if I have issues I'll figure out where to put the bottle but I do believe the filters will just absorb any stray oil.
:
I run a single one of these and have tee'd the cam cover breathers into this via the white plastic catch tank that normally sits in the airbox. That plastic tank fits neatly (just about) behind the LH side frame spar, beside the rear cylinder head.
A little oil vapour comes out, not much, but hey, it stops the frame rusting.

(I know it's aluminium, but after all, there's no rust, so it must be working.....)
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

virt get it round here when you get it back .

hawk i will upload pic of my catch tank next time i have the tank and fairing off .
but all i did was add a exit to the standard one and a drain hole and fitted it on the rhs of the carbs .
it has a single filter sitting behind the rhs fairing .