what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lumpyv

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lumpyv »

your right i dont think i could live here what with the heat and the semi clad tanned / toned (female) bodies :angel:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Dr B1G

Post by Dr B1G »

Went out for a quick spin to see how many car alarms I could set off :twisted: :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

A nice ride home in the dark spoiled by some twet in a dark blue ford focus on the cov ring road deliberately tried to run me off the road .

I'm really starting to think people don't like my green snot rocket :-(
Keith

Post by Keith »

Finally got around to replacing my knackered cush drive rubber and clean/adjust the chain. What a total transformation it has made. I never really put 2 & 2 together and its only just dawned on me that a knackered cush is the equivalent of having a loose chain. So with a chain that needed adjusting too it was making the drive pretty snatchy. Rode the bike into work this morning and it was as smooth as a freshly shaved chimps elbow. Not bad for an hours work. It may be placebo effect but I am sure the gearchange feels a lot better too. :biggrin
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

The usual oil and filter change, went for quick run after

I'm convinced bikes always run smoother after oil changes lol
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
leevtr

Re: what have you done to your

Post by leevtr »

lloydie wrote:A nice ride home in the dark spoiled by some twet in a dark blue ford focus on the cov ring road deliberately tried to run me off the road .

I find following the wombles home and a bottle of nitromors a month later gives me a warm inner glow !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Tweety

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Tweety »

leevtr wrote:
lloydie wrote:A nice ride home in the dark spoiled by some twet in a dark blue ford focus on the cov ring road deliberately tried to run me off the road .

I find following the flapjacks home and a bottle of nitromors a month later gives me a warm inner glow !!
I just follow them home and politely ask them to get down on their knee's and apologize unless they want me to take ride to the local cop shop and show the boys there a little video from my helmet cam... For some reason, grown men actually cry when you make them do that... Especially in front of their wife and kids...

(No, I'm not kidding... )
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I know where he lives :-) that's all .
neil

Post by neil »

Today fitted the R/R I bought off Benny in July. Said in PM to him I thought I ought to fit it soon. Also looked at what I keep under the seat

Hat, map, 500ml petrol, cable ties, puncture repair,waterproof overgloves, torch, pen & paper, £20, workgloves & latex gloves, hi viz jacket
redvtr
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Hee hee it's amazing what one can stuff under a standard seat. I like the pocket plug kit, very neat. Under my seat I have the Honda toolkit, waterproof over trousers, small can of Muc Off chain lube and a fold up Oxford rucksack.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

cybercarl wrote:Hee hee it's amazing what one can stuff under a standard seat. I like the pocket plug kit, very neat. Under my seat I have the Honda toolkit, waterproof over trousers, small can of Muc Off chain lube and a fold up Oxford rucksack.

What about your Gimp Mask ??
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I lent it to Kev and he gave it to Lloyd with the leathers so it's getting much more use now. :lol:

==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Daily use :-) and I also have it on under my helmet when I fill up at the local BP station ! They won't let u fill up or enter the shop with your helmet on so off with the lid and to their shock "bring on the gimp" :-)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

changed the oil and filter after the big austira trip and blasted another 230 miles on it.( thats about my limit without any neck ache, i may need some risers) :D and obviously washed the white wheels when i got back!!!

quite a few blokes on bikes commented on the wheels and most liked them to be honest.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Not today but yesterday

Got hornet back from mechanics, problem isn't fixed. Something is wrong with the entire exhaust system apparently and the parts he quoted were £700.. needless to say, no chance, that's more than the bike is worth. Gonna find some sealant and just patch up whatever I can to stop it leaking and blowing.

Took it out for a shakedown run afterwards regardless, as the engine itself is fine. Christened my toe sliders and severely browned my leathers. Driving round a blind corner in the middle of the road is the most stupid thing I've seen in my time riding. Still saw at least 2 people doing it and almost hitting me because of this :thumbdown: Probably gonna take it out again at some point today. I'm calmer now and in control so I may be a bit safer, but I want to do it all again :lol: :crazy:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement